Nirvana

Started by Spike, September 08, 2003, 06:27:10 AM

Myxo

polkablues

Is Myxo becoming the Joseph McCarthy of emo?
My house, my rules, my coffee

I Love a Magician

Quote from: Myxo on January 02, 2006, 02:03:30 AM
Quote from: I Love a Magician on January 01, 2006, 10:22:31 PM
The emo song tops it.
You must be emo..

Must be. I don't like Stephen King that much either.

I'm a man eating washing machine.

RegularKarate

at first I thought that I love a Magician said that was the funniest thing on the internet and my opinion of him dropped lower than low and then I realized that he thought it was NOT funny and my opinion skyrocketed.

Oddly enough, he came out about even... maybe next time, I love a magician

mogwai

I Love a Magician

Post changed for:

Pozer

Still not.  3 may be the key.

Pubrick

dudes, lay off I Love a.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

Sorry, newb... I made this for you:

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

mogwai

a) he's finally resurrected and is going to kick some serious courtney love ass!
b) the genius of todd mcfarlane has (huhhuh, pun intended) spawned another masterpiece!

MacGuffin

Universal tunes up Cobain feature
Benioff to write drama on Nirvana frontman
Source: Variety

Universal Pictures has set David Benioff to write an untitled drama about the life of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.

Studio has acquired rights to "Heavier Than Heaven," a Cobain biography written by Charles Cross.

Pic is a co-production between Working Title and Reveille Motion Pictures. Eric Fellner, Tim Bevan, Ben Silverman and Graham Larson will produce. Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, will exec produce with Howard Weitzman.

Silverman developed the film at Reveille before leaving to run NBC, and Weitzman is Love's lawyer.

The producers and studio would not address whether they had locked down music rights, or the nature of the story they are trying to tell. For "Heavier Than Heaven," Cross had access to Cobain's unpublished diaries as well as Cobain's friends and family members.

Cobain formed Nirvana in 1987 with bassis Krist Novoselic and drummer Dave Grohl, the latter of whom now fronts the Foo Fighters. Led by Cobain's growling delivery, inventive guitar work and lyrics that appealed to a disaffected young generation, Nirvana ushered in the Seattle grunge music movement in the early '90s with hits like "Smells Like Teen Spirit." Cobain's life was marked by depression and drug use, and he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in 1994, leaving behind his wife and a daughter.

Benioff most recently scripted "The Kite Runner" as well as the Gavin Hood-directed X-Men spinoff film "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and "Brothers," the Jim Sheridan-directed drama.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Last Days About A Son
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.