Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

jenkins

you nailed it so you nailed it: science

jenkins

initial

followed by

Children of Paradise is playing catch up. i was looking at the library, and i was on a screen with Rashomon, Wild Strawberries, 8 1/2, In the Mood for Love, and Children of Paradise, and i don't own any of those, so i figured i needed to work on that, and i've seen them all but i know Children of Paradise the least, saw it once in the theater, now own it on blu-ray

jenkins

on the third in koker aka more than halfway done with the whole purchase (including the inland sea and the flavor of green tea over rice) that's still so worth it

Robyn

is ginger snaps on criterion yet?

jenkins

ginger snaps is on the waiting docks i hear

if i reviewed home media i'd rate The Koker Trilogy 11/10 and give it my release of the year award. it's so exciting that it all came to me at once, and how wonderful it is

jenkins

mm, it's from 1945 but i can't off-the-top think of a movie that depicts the complexities of love within a social reality better than Children of Paradise. and i mean complexities, as in there are movies with harsher pressures, prohibitive and obstructive dimensions etc, but Children of Paradise nails the complexities

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Alethia

Reel

For Christmas, I asked Santa for Repo Man and Ghost World and I guess I was really good last year! Nice to finally have them to round out my collection and I always intended to upgrade to blu before I rewatched either of them. Today, at the thrift store 'Withnail and I' for 99 cents! Perfect condition, except the last asshole left coffee stains ALL OVER IT  :yabbse-angry:

Alethia

Quote from: Reelist on January 14, 2020, 04:55:44 PM
Perfect condition, except the last asshole left coffee stains ALL OVER IT  :yabbse-angry:

Fuckin Withnail

wilberfan

Quote from: Reelist on January 14, 2020, 04:55:44 PM
except the last asshole left coffee stains ALL OVER IT  :yabbse-angry:

I'd take coffee over several other liquids I could think of.

jenkins

this is one of my favorite movies btw. there's a ballet sequence and the lead character is left embarrassed and single but feeling okay

https://www.criterionchannel.com/starring-danny-kaye/season:1/videos/hans-christian-andersen

Alethia

So much for Netflix shunning physical media for their releases!

jenkins

Atlantics is the best of those three