Best Nightmare

Started by Banky, April 30, 2003, 09:43:50 PM

bonanzataz

Anyway... for reference purposes...

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1500&sid=20278f10d1c28063427f933bcab75a6d

But, best kill... yeah, kiss of death in 4, as i've said before, rocks, but the best will always be the classic death of Teena in the original. it's the scariest and most fucked up of them all. the "creative" deaths were more for laughs than scares.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

Quote from: mACgUFFINWatch the "Pay Per View" teaser trailer for "Freddy vs. Jason" here.

i read part of a script for freddy vs jason. it was honestly one of the worst things i've ever read. it felt like something i would have written back when i was ten and learned proper screenplay format. i pray to god that's not the final draft, otherwise...

and, does anybody think the movie will fail because the series have both died out? the youth of today really doesn't give a shit about freddy or jason. look how poorly jason x did. i feel like it's too late to even try anything now.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Derek237

My 3 fav Nightmares were the ones Wes Craven was attatched to: 1, 3, and New Nightmare. Weird, since I don't even like Wes Craven movies. Aside from the Nightmares he was involved and Scream, he makes complete crap.

MacGuffin

New trailer for "Freddy vs. Jason" here.
"Place your bets."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Looks really cool.  That shot of Freddy poppin out of Camp Crystal Lake is fuckin stellar.

Cecil

Sal

Was that Freddy popping out, or Jason?  
The trailer is super sweet though.  This is going to be a fucking great, great time.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: cecil b. dementedeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Indeed.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Jeremy Blackman

I don't know... looks too sci-fi...

The trailer music (at the beginning) rips off Eyes Wide Shut, just a little.

Banky

Im curious if anyone one is going to come out on top.  I cant think of a ending it could have.  Also i wonder if they will explain how the characters are being brought back from being "dead" , and in "hell."  It better round the bases as far as drugs,sex/nudity, gore ect.  I also wonder if the ending of JGTH will have something to do with this movie.

Find Your Magali

I always thought it would be neat to try for the modern equivalent of "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein."

Not sure what that might be, though:

(1) Wayne and Garth Meet Michael Myers?

(2) Ace Ventura Meets Hannibal Lecter?

(3) Jack Burton Meets John Carpenter's The Thing? (there's a mind-blower)

(4) The Cast of Friends Meet George Romero's Zombies?

Hmmmm. Maybe I'm overtired.

modage

okay i just watched all of these in order over the past week with my dad.  a few of which i'd never seen and most of which i hadnt seen in a long time.  funny how the ones i'd remembered as good were really really awful.  my memory of the series was much fonder than the bulk of what i just watched.  it really made me appreciate fvj even more.  
if i had to rank them, my favorites are best to worst: 1, 3, 7, 4, 2, 5, 6.  god we thought two was terrible, but little did we know what was in store for us.  it would turn out to be several from the bottom as we treaded through the awfulness of the last few installments. god, they really fucked this series up.  they would just let any fucking hack write or direct it for the most part.  by the time freddy got to number 6, he was a fucking cartoon character. who had recently killed kids in a videogame and comic book. it was like fucking looney tunes. wes craven must've felt he HAD to make New Nightmare to restore his creation.  i'll bet it must've killed him to see it get fucked up like that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

i dont know i kind of like 2.  When freddy pops out of the guys chest, pretty fucking cool.  You know the whole theme of that movie is males dealing with feelings of homosexuality.  If you have the box set on DVD they even talk about it.