The Preacher Movie.

Started by Stefen, February 10, 2004, 11:31:45 PM

Stefen

Searched for this topic and couldn't find anything so. This was one of my favorite comic series, I never missed an issue, they've been trying to get a movie made for awhile but it never works out I guess. If there were no such thing as the MPAA this movie would be the greatest thing ever made. This has everything, Violence, Drama, Romance, Comedy, Vampires, Angels, Bestiality, Religion, Nudity, John Wayne, Ass Kicking Fat Guys, Incest, Cool Cars, Handicapped rock stars, Alligator Attacks, Brainwashing, it has it all. Anyone think this movie will be made, and if so will it be good and who will be involved?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

NEON MERCURY

scarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlett
scarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlettscarlett

Ghostboy

It's been in development for ages. There was a report on AICN the other day involving a script review....http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16977

Sounds terrible. Damn shame. I think the only way to tell that story would be to try to capture the essence of it and not the details, which is exactly what this one seems to not have done at all.

A few years back, some arseface makeup tests surfaced online, and they looked pretty cool. But he's been excised from the script.

Also, James Marsden is terrible casting for Jesse. The part has Jason Patric's name written all over it.

I hope it doesn't get made.

Stefen

There is no way Scarlett is going to be in this flick. Who would she play? Tulip? NOPE. Arseface? haha, maybe. yeah that script review is what made me want to start a thread. Ity sounds terrible, Chris Cunningham should direct this. Could you imagine the scenes in heaven has done by Cunningham? Oh man that would rock.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

THANK YOU SANTA OR JESUS OR WHATEVER OMGOMGOMG IM GONNA SHIT

source: bloodydisgusting

It's all happening, all because Jesse Custer TOLD THEM TO DO IT.

With "The Walking Dead" breaking records and its spinoff, "Cobal," going to pilot, AMC is moving forward with their next comic adaptation.

Variety reports that AMC has given a pilot order to "Preacher," which has been adapted from the comic book series by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.

Rogen and Goldberg wrote the adaptation for Neal Moritz's Original Film. That trio is exec producing through their Point Grey banner, along with showrunner Sam Catlin.

Based on Ennis and Steve Dillon's '90s comic book series, "Preacher" is "about Jesse Custer, a preacher in a Texas town who merges with a creature that has escaped from heaven and develops the ability to make anyone do anything he says. Along with his ex-girlfriend and an Irish vampire, the three embark on a journey to find God...and make him answer for his sins."

The pilot will be produced in the summer of 2015 for series consideration in 2016.

Now, before you get overly excited (too late, I'm exploding), we warned that if AMC passes we may never even see the pilot. Such the case with FOX's defunct "Locke & Key," which was allegedly "too scary." I'd love to see someone else take that on.

"Preacher" is best suited for a series – as opposed to a feature film – as it's a lengthy arc that needs a few seasons to conclude. There are plenty of great characters – from Cassidy to Arseface to the Saint of Killers – that could easily be their own season arc. The biggest question I have is as to whether or not AMC is afraid to touch religion. "Preacher" is going to piss a lot of people off. Good.