Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Gamblour.

Quote from: edison
Quote from: TictacbkI don't think anyone is going to die in 3 weeks.  They just said they'll be "lost forever."  My theory: Walt is lost forever...because he is converted to an other.

I guess you missed the spoiler over at aint it cool then.

Are you a fatuous fuck or just a stupid kid? Do you not understand any of the implications of nuance in the English language? Do you not get that when you say things like "missed the spoiler" that you are SPOILING something for Tictacbk, by telling him his assumption is wrong? He is tabula rasa with his idea of someone not dying, and then you come and say something, for whatever inane reason, that spoils and ruins the best part of this show: speculating what will happen!

MacGuffin might only have been half serious, but I am COMPLETELY serious. Ban Edison.
WWPTAD?

edison

i didnt say anything about anyone dying. he made two comments (about someone dying and about walt) so it could be about either. Why is everyone such a baby about this show, its no like yall are even talking about it anyway, so Mac can do all this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*SPOILERS*

Is Boone gone for good?
Sure, the character died. But that hasn't killed speculation he might return. "Lost" actor Ian Somerhalder won't say. Source: Los Angeles Times

Ian Somerhalder is keeping tight-lipped about the true fate of his character Boone on ABC's hit series, "Lost."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and no one gives a damn and i make some comment and its all "shut up, you'll ruin it!!"

MacGuffin

Quote from: GamblourMacGuffin might only have been half serious, but I am COMPLETELY serious.

I was more than half.

Quote from: edisonso Mac can do all this

and no one gives a damn and i make some comment and its all "shut up, you'll ruin it!!"

Because I gave a fair warning that what you read below will be a Spoiler if you haven't seen that episode. Plus, that article was posted AFTER that episode was shown. I wasn't spoiling future episodes for everyone, only for those who haven't watched that far yet.

Quote from: edisonWhy is everyone such a baby about this show

Because not knowing where the show is going is what makes it so great. You tell us what's going to happen, it ruins our involvement and the mystery for us.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

A. I still stand by my statement that I didnt say anyone was going to die, so you can take what I said about aintitcool however you want.

2. How can yall be so "involved" in the show what all yall talk about is speculation and I have yet to read of anyone following the mythology or the neat little things they throw in (like how Jin said Orange was love and then Sun was drinking Orange juice, or how her name ties in, or how the girl in Orange hooked them up; also the tie-in websites:Hanso foundation, Mr. Clucks website) that the creators have thrown out there for us to follow.

C. I promise I'll never post on this thread again :(

4. MacGuffin:Because I gave a fair warning that what you read below will be a Spoiler if you haven't seen that episode.

Well I did that a few pages back and Pubrick jumped on my ass that I didnt know what a spoiler was and I posted a statement much like yours. So I guess everyone is out to get me.

MacGuffin

Quote from: edison2. How can yall be so "involved" in the show what all yall talk about is speculation and I have yet to read of anyone following the mythology or the neat little things they throw in (like how Jin said Orange was love and then Sun was drinking Orange juice, or how her name ties in, or how the girl in Orange hooked them up; also the tie-in websites:Hanso foundation, Mr. Clucks website) that the creators have thrown out there for us to follow.

Just because we don't talk all the hidden bits and such, doesn't mean we don't see or know about them. Sorry if we don't discuss in geeky detail things you find at a "Locke Shoots First"-type website. If want to bring them up, that's fine, but what you are continuing to do is spoil future episodes.

"Involved" means speculation about the characters because we care about them. It also means we don't want things ruined for us because that surprise element is gone.

Quote from: edison4. MacGuffin:Because I gave a fair warning that what you read below will be a Spoiler if you haven't seen that episode.

Well I did that a few pages back and Pubrick jumped on my ass that I didnt know what a spoiler was and I posted a statement much like yours. So I guess everyone is out to get me.

Umm, no. What you did was give away, without any warning, a piece of story bit for an episode that hadn't aired yet.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

Quote from: MacGuffinSorry if we don't discuss in geeky detail things you find at a "Locke Shoots First"-type website.

Oh thats right, you guys dont discuss anything in geeky detail

Quote from: MacGuffin
Just because we don't talk all the hidden bits and such, doesn't mean we don't see or know about them.

Well how about bringing them up, that would bring more discussion about things that really happened and less about what might happen.

Quote from: MacGuffinIf want to bring them up, that's fine, but what you are continuing to do is spoil future episodes.

Like I said, I will not post anything more about the show

Quote from: MacGuffinUmm, no. What you did was give away, without any warning, a piece of story bit for an episode that hadn't aired yet.

Umm, yes. What I did was post a pic saying that it was a spoiler to those who had not seen the episode, and that was after the episode had aired.

modage

look.  

speculation = fun.  :-D

spoilers = not fun. :(

the subtle but HUGE difference?  advance knowledge.  

if you dont know whats going to happen, feel free to return to this thread and guess.  if you do, dont tell us.  thats all.  no big deal.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

But do you see how this all started? I made a post about a pic that i stated was a spoiler to those who had not seen the show, then I got jumped on when for the previous 3-4 pages every other post had spoiler in bold and no one said a damn thing about it. I know my big mistake was the comment about Bernard but ever since people have been taking what im saying and twisting it, and like i said many times i didnt say anyone was dying, it was gambling man who said i did and so did you:

Quote from: Modagei dont like them telling us that someone will die in 3 weeks

So do you know someting we dont? Because the preview didnt say someone was dying.

MacGuffin

Quote from: edisonOh thats right, you guys dont discuss anything in geeky detail.

Quote from: MacGuffinSorry if we don't discuss in geeky detail things you find at a "Locke Shoots First"-type website.

Quote from: edisonWell how about bringing them up, that would bring more discussion about things that really happened and less about what might happen.

Quote from: MacGuffinIf want to bring them up, that's fine.

Quote from: edisonUmm, yes. What I did was post a pic saying that it was a spoiler to those who had not seen the episode, and that was after the episode had aired.

So you totally forgot about leaking info about Rose? That's how all this started.

Quote from: edisonI know my big mistake was the comment about Bernard...

I guess you didn't. That spoiler happened BEFORE the picture posting.

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

The sites Im talking about are created by ABC and not some geek fan.

Quote from: edisonWell how about bringing them up, that would bring more discussion about things that really happened and less about what might happen.

Quote from: MacGuffinIf want to bring them up, that's fine.

I dont want to be the only one......especially if no one is going to respond to them.

Quote from: edisonUmm, yes. What I did was post a pic saying that it was a spoiler to those who had not seen the episode, and that was after the episode had aired.

So you totally forgot about leaking info about Rose? That's how all this started.

Quote from: edisonI know my big mistake was the comment about Bernard...

Quote from: MacGuffinI guess you didn't. That spoiler happened BEFORE the picture posting.

Which I reedited, but when I specifically say that my post is a spoiler (such as the post about the picture) and then to be told I dont know what a spoiler is when I state that what I am posting is not a spoiler to those who had seen that nights show, and if you have your logic hat on will realize that it is in fact a spoiler to those who had NOT seen the show, well then if that is going to happen only to me then so be it.

polkablues

I wish Mom and Dad would stop fighting...

But seriously, everybody, let it go.  Read what modage wrote a few posts up, take it to heart, write it on a Post-it and stick it to your monitor if you have to, and then we will all get along with our lives.

Yes, edison, you have been misinterpreted a couple of times.  I hope that's all the validation you need to get past it, because I have the feeling that's all you are going to get.  

So please, please, please... let's move on.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

After this post polkablues will be lost forever.

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Possible Spoilers

My sources tell me that in next week's episode, we'll find out that polkablues was in the back of the plane.

Was that a spoiler?  That was a spoiler, right?
My house, my rules, my coffee

JG

seriously...i mean lets talk about last nights episode.

Gamblour.

So Hurley's still fat...what's the deal?

The episode was just too boring for me to comment any further.
WWPTAD?