Short Cuts

Started by jasper_window, May 08, 2003, 09:43:09 AM

jasper_window

Anyone have any idea about what's up with Short Cuts?  Such a nice laser disc, what the fuck is going on?

Ernie

Just recently bought it on VHS I loved it so much. I'd already want to replace it with a DVD of course.

jasper_window

Yeah I really love that movie.  There was a commentary on the laser and I believe the Jack Lemmon Inside the Actor's Studio.  Also try and seek out the book.  They put all the stories by Raymond Carver which influenced the movie.  Excellent read.

MacGuffin

Quote from: jasper_windowThere was a commentary on the laser and I believe the Jack Lemmon Inside the Actor's Studio.

The commentary is an audio essay by Michael Wilmington and runs for only 17 chapters. A Pauline Kael interview runs for the same length. And this movie and laser came out long before Actor's Studio was even conceived. You might be thinking of "Glengarry Glen Ross". The laser for that movie has Jack Lemmon commentary (not included on the DVD), and the DVD has clips from his Actor's Studio episode.

QuoteAlso try and seek out the book.  They put all the stories by Raymond Carver which influenced the movie.  Excellent read.

Those stories are on the laser.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jasper_window

Thanks for the revision, I'm retarded.  I thought the laser had an Altman commentary, oh well.  Regardless I want that fucker on DVD.

jasper_window

I'm delusional.  I just checked the specs for the laser on imdb and boy was I off base.  And so it goes...  have you heard the audio essay by Wilmington?

Vivian Darkbloom

The DVD is due to be released in france with the documentary

ono

When?  And what is that, Region 2 only?

Just Withnail

No shit? Got a link to that info? Mighty interesting.

Edit: Nevermind

Ravi

Quote from: WithnailNo shit? Got a link to that info? Mighty interesting.

Edit: Nevermind

• Le Making Of "Luck, Trust and Ketchup" (90 min en vost)
• Le portrait de Robert Altman (52 min en vost)
• La galerie de photos
• La filmographies
• La bande-annonce

"Le Making Of"?  What the hell is that?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ravi"Le Making Of"?  What the hell is that?

It's a very good documentary from the Criterion laserdisc (which I am a proud owner of):

Summary: A laserdisc version of the 1993 film, presented in its original widescreen ratio of 2.35:1. Supplementary features include: text of stories of Raymond Carver, production information, critical response (including an interview with Pauline Kael & audio essay by Michael Wilmington), deleted scenes and outtakes and Mike Kaplan and John Dorr's documentary "Luck, Trust and Ketchup: Robert Altman in Carver Country" (1993), featuring behind-the-scenes interviews with every cast member and footage of Altman at work. The liner notes include extensive chapter stops and programming details to follow the separate strands of each story individually from beginning to end.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Damn it, I have the version that came out in Spain and just you guys talking about the french version is making my mouth water
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cine

Quote from: SiliasRubyDamn it, I have the version that came out in Spain and just you guys talking about the french version is making my mouth water
You should get a doctor to check that out..

Vivian Darkbloom

It should be released on the 4th of May if it doesn't get delayed again...