trainspotting rerelease

Started by sphinx, April 23, 2003, 07:16:11 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURYWhich one of these pictures do not belong with the others?

A.]

B.]

C.]

D.]

E.]

D

i'd willingly watch the others.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

hahahaha...!..........you do have a point.....maybe i should use another example....

mogwai

Trainspotting blamed for UK flops

The success of Trainspotting did "a lot of damage" to the British film industry, star Kevin McKidd has said. The fact that the £2m film made £38m globally in its first year gave British film-makers a "big, false sense of bravado", he told Scotland on Sunday. This led to high-profile flops such as Charlotte Gray, and the closure of Trainspotting producer FilmFour Ventures in 2002, McKidd said. "Not surprisingly, the financiers lost confidence in the industry," he added.

'Hedonism'

McKidd's career was launched by his role as Tommy McKenzie in the hit 1996 film, but he said Trainspotting caused havoc in the industry it was thought to have rejuvenated. "There was the whole Cool Britannia thing, and the Cool Caledonia thing as well, but the movie industry got a rude awakening after a few years of hedonism when Channel 4 films went bust," McKidd said. "[Financiers] thought: 'Wait a minute, these guys don't know what they're doing. They're just having a big party and getting pished and trying to look cool.' "The budget for a crap movie that nobody saw could have funded four smaller films and got first-time writers and directors on their feet." Since appearing in Trainspotting, the 30-year-old actor has starred in films such as Topsy-Turvy, Dog Soldiers and Nicholas Nickleby. Edinburgh Film Festival director Shane Danielsen responded by saying Trainspotting had been influential but that its impact on the industry had been "overestimated". "I really enjoyed Trainspotting. It clearly did have an impact in inspiring other films but I think it would be reading too much into it to blame it for producers getting too far ahead of themselves," he told Scotland on Sunday. "The Scottish industry and the British industry are not large ones and therefore do not make a lot of films, and what successes or failures they have are magnified."

Derek

Picked this up. The sound and image is substantially better than the previous release, has a good Criterion commentary track and some decent retrospective interviews, but unfortunately not with the cast.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.