The future of commentaries...

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, June 27, 2003, 03:26:47 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i have this idea i have been kicking around

ya know how PTA sends stuff to greg , and some directers have their own websites

How about this, someday PTA Records a commentarie for Magnolia And he posts it on gregs website , and you play the movie and run the commentarie on the computer at the same time

somebody is gonna do this and the rest will follow suit

however maybe i am being too much of a film geek here because the reality is that if PTA Wanted to record a new commentary track the studio would put out a new magnolia DVD To make some extra cash

but maybe not, i dunno

all i know is some of my fav films should have commentarys

someday a new directer will come out and he will be a internet freak and he will use his website as another peice of the pie

he could come out with new and differnt commentarys all the time, with differnt people

Sleuth

But the question is whether PTA can do that without the studios thinking they are losing potential money
I like to hug dogs

Quote from: tremoloslothBut the question is whether PTA can do that without the studios thinking they are losing potential money

maybe they will let it slide in some cases, like if the film is not a big enough seller to warrent a re release

i hope this will be the future, because its so great

sphinx

as...err...interesting as that sounds, we have to consider some things

- pta already said he didn't want to record a commentary for magnolia.
- the bandwidth and space implications of hosting a 3+ hour audio file on a site would be tremendous.  michael is already donating his money to keep mariotti's sites going

Quote from: sphinxas...err...interesting as that sounds, we have to consider some things

- pta already said he didn't want to record a commentary for magnolia.
- the bandwidth and space implications of hosting a 3+ hour audio file on a site would be tremendous.  michael is already donating his money to keep mariotti's sites going

and err i was using him as example ERR It could be any film maker ERR

My point is some directers would love to have commentarys but the studio wont put up the dough for extra features

for example " sugar and spice" she wanted to do a track they said no

so the future will be to just record it yourself and add it to a website

errr

sphinx

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantaloneserrr

:yabbse-thumbdown:

picolas

maybe in the future future, after you can get nearly any commentary online and play your disc in sync with it, they'll take the technology even further and actually record the commentaries for the movies ONTO THE DISCS, where no syncage or download would be needed!!!11

bonanzataz

this brings up an interesting question about our community. perhaps we should have a space where we can ask for commentaries (i know that there's several criterion commentaries i'd love to hear but went out with laserdisc or OOP) and then we'll post them. i have a few out of print criterions and some laserdiscs with commentary tracks. anybody game?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

and have them in mp3 format or something? that would be great... if possible at all

Quote from: cecil b. dementedand have them in mp3 format or something? that would be great... if possible at all

Yessss, this is one more thing that is gonna make Xixax the only film site that matters

Pubrick

Quote from: picolas.maybe in the future future, ..... !!!11
in the future future all the deadbeats will be dead and i will pity them and the surivivors will be able to read each other's mind and i will do ur hot sister.
under the paving stones.