To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

Quote from: Cinephilehaha oh chuckhimselfo.. good times..

<--- :yabbse-wink:
context, context, context.

Stefen

i was probably the shittiest poster ever my first 100 posts. I got called out EVERY POST. One time, someone even told me i have a dick in my anus. Nowadays, I DOMINATE. Stick around.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

deathnotronic

I'm Eric Croskey. My name is taken from a Reggie and the Full Effect song. I run a music website, called Rockingthescene.com. If you like indie music, check it out, I guess.

I have an interesting story about how I discovered Xixax. About a year ago, my film class was talking about doing a unit on gangster movies. So, naturally, one kid was like "HEY LETS WATCH BOONDOCK SAINTS." My film teacher flat out refused. "Why," the kids asked. The teacher went off on this rant about how it's a blatant Tarantino ripoff, etc. The next class he had xixax on the screen. I forget who posted it, but someone called the film "the cinematic equivalent to an abortion." He told the class that whomever posted this pretty much summed up his opinion. I agree, and have been lurking on and off ever since.

Favorite films include Koyaanisqatsi, Sunset Boulevard, Rushmore. I'm a fan of Hitchcock's directing, as well as Wes Anderson, and if you want to take it oldschool, Fritz Lang.

If you want to know anything else about me, you can pm me.  :embrace:  :embrace:  :embrace:

Ghostboy

Wow, xixax is being used in film classes. Who would've thought...

ono

It was Weak2ndAct.

Today, high schools.  Tomorrow, the world.

deathnotronic

It was a good moment. The teacher actually posted here a few times. He also references it too. You guys should write a book or something.

context, context, context.

deathnotronic

modage

Quote from: GhostboyWow, xixax is being used in film classes. Who would've thought...
THAT is awesome.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyWow, xixax is being used in film classes. Who would've thought...

Yeah. Take THAT viewaskew and AICN!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Brazoliange

I live in Omaha, NE, been watching for awhile but haven't had a lot to say (plus I'm lazy). I worship Kubrick, Peter Jackson (inc. pre-LOTR), Waters, Gilliam, Lynch, PTA, Troma, lotsa random other culty stuff. And now I must sleep. =p
Long live the New Flesh

Jeremy Blackman

Let's clarify the new forum organization...

movie title threads only (i.e. only discussion of individual movies)
Now Showing
Other Movies
The Grapevine

If it's not a movie title thread, it goes somewhere else. (Most likely in News & Theory.)

Please see the forum descriptions for guidance.

Weak2ndAct

I just stumbled in this thread to get the rules and regs of the new redesign (yay, I smell redirects), and missed the Boondock Saints thing.

Wow.  I feel so proud, seeing my hatred of Boondock being spread to the future generations!

Stefen

You call boondock saints boondock? Of all people, I would expect YOU not to come up with a nickname for that shitty movie. I wonder what classicalgas/cowboycurtis (whichever one is which) came up with for a nickname.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: StefenI wonder what classicalgas/cowboycurtis (whichever one is which) came up with for a nickname.
The Greatest Movie Ever