The Darjeeling Limited

Started by Fjodor, July 16, 2006, 04:18:42 AM

last days of gerry the elephant

JG

wagers on xixax never work out. 

polkablues

I think first ILaM needs to prove he even has $15.
My house, my rules, my coffee

hedwig

that doesn't work. except for something like this..

i post on xixax.

proof: this is a post on xixax.

anyway ILAM's right, that song's not showing up in darjeeling. wes is going scoreless.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Hedwig on May 09, 2007, 08:56:18 PM
wes is going scoreless.

not again...
(Thinking of the madness that overtook the 'There Will Be Blood' thread.)

polkablues

Quote from: overmeunderyou on May 09, 2007, 09:58:41 PM
not again...
(Thinking of the madness that overtook the 'There Will Be Blood' thread.)

Stop killing our joy.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

no new news really but TDL has a page up at Fox Searchlight. 

http://content.foxsearchlight.com/films/node/939

just confirms that it will be released this year and the hilariously descriptive synopsis.

THE DARJEELING LIMITED

Release: 2007
Directed by: Wes Anderson
Written by: Wes Anderson, Jason Schwartzman and Roman Coppola
Produced by: Scott Rudin, Lydia Pilcher, Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola
Cast: Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman

THE DARJEELING LIMITED starring Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman is an emotional comedy about three brothers re-forging family bonds. The eldest, played by Wilson, hopes to reconnect with his two younger siblings by taking them on a train trip across the vibrant and sensual landscape of India.

well as long as its an emotional comedy across a sensual landscape THEN i'm interested.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

modage

i really hope they're not looking for a white tiger.  because that macguffin is way too closed to a jaguar shark.  i wonder if "more raw" means more of the shambling awkwardness that nearly crippled TLA, or if it will set him free!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

children with angels

Is anyone else worried that this might end up being a teensy bit racist in a regular comedy-set-abroad-look-at-the-funny-customs-of-the-locals type way?
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Pubrick

yeah but wes'll do it in style. i'm assuming he's gonna put a permanent red dot in the centre of every shot.
under the paving stones.

i'm just worried about the noses
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

'Darjeeling' kicks off N.Y. fest
Source: Hollywood Reporter

NEW YORK -- Wes Anderson's comedy "The Darjeeling Limited" will premiere in the prestigious opening-night slot of the 45th annual New York Film Festival, while Joel and Ethan Coen's drama "No Country for Old Men" joins the fest as its Centerpiece film.

Two other features in the lineup -- Cristian Mungiu's Festival de Cannes Palme d'Or winner "4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days" and Lee Chang-dong's's "Secret Sunshine" (which won the Cannes best actress award for Jeon Do-yeon) -- also were unveiled Wednesday, due in part to leaks about their inclusion.

"We announced them now to squelch rumors so that the filmmakers can plan accordingly," said Film Society of Lincoln Center chairman and program director Richard Pena. "The information is less valuable if it seeps out early."

Pena and his fellow selection committee members have chosen eight of the approximately 25 films in the Sept. 28-Oct. 14 fest and will unveil the complete lineup by early August.

Anderson's "Darjeeling" follows three brothers (Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman, who co-wrote the film with Anderson and Roman Coppola) who attempt to reconnect with one another on a journey through India. "It represents a big step for Wes," Pena said. "I hate to use the word 'matured,' but the humor and whimsy he uses is sharper, better focused and used more effectively."

Pena noted that the director has a long history with the fest, which premiered his breakthrough comedy "Rushmore." "We're very proud we showed it at a moment it was almost ready to be shelved," he said. "With a little cajoling, the studio allowed us to screen it, and I'd like to think our showing it helped in getting it out there."

Pena also said that Anderson often sees more than half of the NYFF films shown every year. Fox Searchlight will release the film in New York a day after its Sept. 28 debut.

Although it was held back from the media, the NYFF committee screened the Coen brothers' adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's intense crime novel "No Country for Old Men" before its Cannes premiere in May. "It's their best movie in years, certainly my favorite since 'Miller's Crossing,'" Pena said. "I was a little surprised it didn't win (at Cannes)."

The Miramax Films/Paramount Vantage release will screen Oct. 6 and hit theaters in November.

The acclaimed Romanian abortion drama "4 Months" will be given a day-and-date theatrical/VOD domestic release by IFC First Take sometime after its to-be-determined fest slot. The South Korean romance "Sunshine" has no announced U.S. distributor.

Pena said he is especially proud of this year's festival sidebar honoring Brazilian writer-director Joaquim Pedro de Andrade, best known for his 1969 feature "Macunaima." The Film Society also will salute New Line Cinema co-chairmen and co-CEOs Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne on their company's 40th anniversary.

This year's selection committee includes Pena, Film Society associate director Kent Jones and film critics Scott Foundas, J. Hoberman and Lisa Schwarzbaum.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks