Eurotrip

Started by Fishbulb, December 19, 2003, 07:46:36 AM

Fishbulb

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/e/eurotrip.php

First of all, saying this movie is "From the producers of Road Trip" is sort of dishonest. Who gives a shit who produced the movie? A more accurate tagline would be "From the guys who wrote CAT IN THE HAT", but I'm sure that wouldn't bring in the crowds. This movie looks like it could be OK though. It's pretty obvious that Fred Armisen's role is the funniest thing in the movie, since they spent a good deal of the trailer showing it.
I feel dirty about seeing Harriet the Spy's titties though. Is it just me?

Pubrick

Quote from: Ravi

http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/eurotrip.html

Move over, The Dreamers, here comes Euro Trip!
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

is that a CGI gremlin holding onnto the letter "p" in trip????

mogwai

who wants to see this fucking movie?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: mogwaiwho wants to see this fucking movie?

kids with oxy pads, braces, puddle of mud t-shirts, and sketchers all raise their hands

cine

Even though I love everything Fred Armisen does, I still won't see this movie.

Ravi

Quote from: CinephileEven though I love everything Fred Armisen does, I still won't see this movie.

His part looks kind of funny, actually.  I won't be part of the audience that makes this debut at number 1, but I might see it at the dollar theater.

cine

Quote from: CinephileEven though I love everything Fred Armisen does, I still won't see this movie.
His part looks kind of funny, actually.  I won't be part of the audience that makes this debut at number 1, but I might see it at the dollar theater.
Oh no, his part DOES look funny. But yeah, I wouldn't pay full price at the theatre for that. That may be his only scene anyway.

modage

me too.  me neither.  have you seen him in I Am Trying To Break Your Heart?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Henry Hill

Quote from: P

http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/eurotrip.html

Move over, The Dreamers, here comes Euro Trip!

the girl on that poster up there has a nice rack. wait...thats not....
michelle trachtenberg?
THE michelle trachtenberg?

:shock:

matt35mm

The very same one.

Fishbulb

Quite obviously NOT her rack though. Major Photoshop job.

SHAFTR

Fine, I"ll admit it.  I saw this last night.  It has some really funny gags, and a great cameo by Matt Damon (maybe one of the best ever).  The film does have it's low points, some of the gags fall short, all the locations appear to be CGI to make it appear they are in London, Paris, etc.  If you want to go to a movie to laugh, go see this film.  It's story is predictable, but that's predictable.  I enjoyed myself.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

Quote from: SHAFTRFine, I"ll admit it.  I saw this last night.  It has some really funny gags, and a great cameo by Matt Damon (maybe one of the best ever).  The film does have it's low points, some of the gags fall short, all the locations appear to be CGI to make it appear they are in London, Paris, etc.  If you want to go to a movie to laugh, go see this film.  It's story is predictable, but that's predictable.  I enjoyed myself.
And Fred Armisen's screen time....?

SHAFTR

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: SHAFTRFine, I"ll admit it.  I saw this last night.  It has some really funny gags, and a great cameo by Matt Damon (maybe one of the best ever).  The film does have it's low points, some of the gags fall short, all the locations appear to be CGI to make it appear they are in London, Paris, etc.  If you want to go to a movie to laugh, go see this film.  It's story is predictable, but that's predictable.  I enjoyed myself.
And Fred Armisen's screen time....?

He's got a minor role (5 mins or so), I didn't find that gag to be very funny.

I have become a Michelle Trachtenberg fan.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"