House of 1000 Corpses

Started by Sleuth, April 12, 2003, 12:36:08 AM

Keener

I enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't suppose to be original or brilliant. It was a homage to a genre.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

i/o

At the beginning I thought it was a pretty good homage, but then they had that robot guy at the end that looked like Uber Jason. I was hoping it would be somewhat scary, but I think that the only thing that is scarry anymore are re-runs of Unsolved Mysteries.
"Mime is money"

MacGuffin

Zombie Writing & Directing 1000 Corpses Sequel

Rob Zombie is set to write and direct a sequel to his horror film House of 1000 Corpses for Lions Gate Films, reports Variety. The film is expected to start shooting in the fall for an April release, a year after the first film. The original has grossed $11 million domestically in its first month of release.

"We are looking forward to releasing the next chapter in the series wide next April, which will be ideally positioned to outperform the original and hopefully will confirm it as a franchise for the company," said Lions Gate.

House of 1000 Corpses, which stars Sig Haig, Bill Mosley, Karen Black, Sherri Moon and Chris Hardwick, follows two young couples on a misguided tour onto the backroads of America, in search of a local legend known as Dr. Satan, who are set upon by a bizarre family of psychotics. Haig, Black, Moon and Mosley will return for the sequel.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

My suggestions:

More gore.

Less chewing-with-mouths open.

MORE SID HAIG!!!!!

Fishbulb

Yeah, they should just chuck the other members of the "family" and make the next movie entirely about Sid Haig's character. Of course, if they want to have lots of scenes of Sheri Moon naked, that would be OK too.

MacGuffin

House of 1000 Corpses 2: Rob Zombie recently spoke to MTV about the horror sequel and how setting it up is very different from his debut work with the first film - "[Making the movie] is totally different this time. With Lions Gate [Films], they came to the rescue. And they really believe in the project. It's more like the opposite [of making the last one]. This time they are wishing me to move faster, so it's kind of funny. I started [writing] the sequel before I knew that I had a deal, because I just kind of function that way. It's almost done. Most of the script is completed, and if all goes well, we should start shooting in the fall". How's reaction been? "The fan reaction has been amazing, and that's all you can hope for, really. Without getting too specific, what I want to do with the second one, I don't want to re-create the first one and just put a '2' on the end of it. [It takes place] a week later, and [it deals with] the repercussions of what happened in the first film. At this point I kind of know what everybody loves, and that's all the bad characters, obviously. So it's just them going off on other things. But it's going to be totally different than anyone expects. And it will probably be a lot more violent". Finally, he confirmed he has no plans to return to music anytime soon.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks