canon gl1 or gl2

Started by Witkacy, October 21, 2003, 03:23:24 PM

Witkacy

As far as DV, lens quality, manual manipulation, and overall standards... is anything better than the Canon GL1 or 2.  Like to know drawbacks of them and where the Sony TRV950 rates.

TheVoiceOfNick

I would say get the GL2, not only because it is the latest model (which means you'll get more support from Canon, and you'll have a newer camera), but because it DOES have some advantages as far as the electronics go...  go to CanonDV.com and look at the specs for the GL2... then try to find some specs online for the GL1, and compare them... I think you'll end up liking the GL2 better...

Nick

Witkacy

I hear you... but what does the GL2 give me that a lesser costing cam like the  Sony doesn't.  And what is my lens quality like?  I'm switching from 16mm and I find my depth of field TOO great... . I want a DV cam that has as much control as possible.
Ultimately... my debate with friends.. do I go with the Canon or lesser costing Sony TRV950.... on another level are there other cams out there doing great colour and contrast that I don't know about.

TheVoiceOfNick