Cheaper By The Dozen

Started by cine, December 29, 2003, 01:56:08 AM

cine

For the life of me, I could not find this thread anywhere. I going to assume there isn't one.
I saw this tonight and I must say, it surprised me. The performances were well done, especially Steve Martin who was very funny in this. The trailer makes the film look INCREDIBLY silly, and you might walk in and see this film and think it was. However I walked in with low expectations, thinking the film would be very stupid. But quite honestly, this was MUCH better than most of Sandler's comedies. The comedy in this film works compared to the forgettable little sight gags in his movies. The movie has a lot of love for its characters and all in all it was a very fun film. If you have the time, try this movie.

Rudie Obias

no one fuckin' cares about CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN.  you should die!  please hurry up and die!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

billybrown

Quote from: rudieobno one fuckin' cares about CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN.  you should die!  please hurry up and die!

I agree rudiebob... going into the New Year, take the big ole dirt nap Cinephile. Cheaper By The Dozen, pfffff!  How bout Honey and Timeline, woah, wow, what surprise cinematic gems those were too. :wink:

cine

Kicking off the week's news is a April 6th arrival for one of the holiday season's biggest hits, the Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt comedy Cheaper by the Dozen. Fox Home Entertainment will give this $125 million-plus grosser the full special edition treatment with plenty of extras. This double-sided disc includes both anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, English 5.1 and French and Spanish 2.0 Dolby surround tracks, plus two audio commentaries by director Shawn Levy and the Baker Kids, the "Director's Viewfinder: Creating a Fictional Family" and "Inside Look" featurettes, six deleted scenes with optional commentary, and theatrical trailers. Retail will be $29.95.

Pubrick

yeah it was ok.. i saw it last friday and now i can't remember how it ends.

no harm done.
under the paving stones.