The Office

Started by Redlum, September 19, 2003, 11:46:50 AM

hedwig

Quote from: ®edlum on December 06, 2005, 06:21:37 PM
I don't think this has been posted yet... Gervais is doing a series where he meets his heroes. In the can already is an hour long episode where he meets Larry David. I think its being broadcast soon after christmas.

some news on that HERE

oh glory of glories, oh heavenly testament to the eternal majesty of God's creation... HOLY MACARONI!

JG

is that a fake tan on larry david?   :shock:

pete

they just read Karl's new diary out loud in the latest podcast!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

man, the American episodes are getting more and more obvious and contrived.
- Buster Keaton

modage

true dat.  well arent they past 12 episodes yet?  i guess there's a reason the british one had to end there.  only so many hilarious things you can get out of this situation.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Definitely but even now, it's funnier than the first season and funnier than I thought it ever would be, considering that it will never be the BBC series.

But I still say the weak link is Carell, or rather the direction they're moving his character.  He's bordering on scumbag and that's just not that funny. 

pete

I think scumbag is okay, I don't think he gets to say that many funny things though.  I think the jim and pam storyline are getting pretty contrived.  It was really weird, it went from first season when Jim was this supercool laidback dude to this season when he was just a wimpy dorky dude.  The writing was inconsistent and every episode seemed to be trudging on the same tension.
- Buster Keaton

RegularKarate

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4687784.stm

Gervais writing US Office episode

Ricky Gervais is to swap Slough for Scranton, Pennsylvania, as he has agreed to write another episode of The Office - but only for the US series.
Gervais and co-writer Stephen Merchant will pen an episode for the US remake of their BBC show, his spokesman said.

The comedy, starring Steve Carell in Gervais' manager role, is to return for a third US series after attracting an average of 10 million viewers.

Gervais recently wrote and appeared in an episode of The Simpsons.

US network NBC has commissioned another 22 episodes of The Office.

The American version re-locates the action from a dreary office block in Slough to an equally uninspiring working environment in Pennsylvania.

Gervais and Merchant have acted as executive producers on the remake, but have not previously written an episode.

The US version has not used the same scripts and storylines as the original.

modage

FUCKING SWEET.  i'm very very interested to see how it turns out.  the shows are so different.  reminds me:

1. i saw 'jim' on leno last night.  he was pretty funny and personable. 
2. carrell's hair has totally normaled out from the initial awful hairstyle they had at the beginning of the show.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

The past few episodes are getting funnier and funnier... Michel is out of control and Dwight is just hilarious. The one with the burned foot and the concussion was great, and the last one with the Carpet was also excellent. It's really filling the space of a good comedy. I havent watched My Name is Earl. Maybe I will...

pete

whoa, finally just saw the last episode where everyone went to warehouse and couldn't unionize.  it was finally depressing and funny again!
- Buster Keaton

hedwig

The first podcast in series 2 is up, but it's no longer free.  :yabbse-sad:

MacGuffin

Gervais Added to Guinness Book of Records

British funnyman Ricky Gervais has been added to the Guinness Book of Records after scoring the world's most successful podcast. More than 500,000 fans a week have been downloading the Internet snippet and The Office creator is tremendously flattered. "We had our picture taken, I got a certificate and I put it on my wall, like a kid who brings home a picture. It's so great to be in it."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

anybody reads Dwight's Blog? Its the funniest thing...

http://blogs.nbc.com/office/

i would never pay for listening the ricky gervais podcast. garam was right about the show's format getting boring after a while.  :ponder:
i don't know... i admire gervais' work, the office is one of the best teleseries i've seen and extras  was very decent, but as a personality i don't respect him that much.i think he said some stuff on the twelve podcasts that's equally stupid to karl's ramblings. i'm on the chris morris bandwagon now.
context, context, context.