The Office

Started by Redlum, September 19, 2003, 11:46:50 AM

I Love a Magician

i think you're just straight up wrong about michael. saying all he does is the "that's what she said" stuff is all he does is silly.

Stefen

Quote from: I Love a Magician on November 18, 2007, 01:34:21 AM
i think you're just straight up wrong about michael. saying all he does is the "that's what she said" stuff is all he does is silly.

Michael just used to be socially awkward and that's what was funny. I mean, in season 1 where he "punks" Pam and tells her shes fired because she stole paper clips and then she starts crying, and then he doesn't know what to do next, that was HILARIOUS. Now he's just a dumbass. I mean, did you see that episode where he goes to spend time in the woods by himself? That was just dumb.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Perineum Falcon

i'm starting to side with stephen and other like-minded posters on this. i still watch and enjoy the show, but michael's too over the top now. he's become a cartoon character. i think the main problem i have with this is that he doesn't seem to have to face serious consequence for his action; the kidnapping comes to mind. why was he not arrested? was that possible outcome even addressed?
i can't remember.
and i really don't know how he's kept his job for so long. he's not only a social fuck-up, but he just doesn't seem to do anything. each employee is a witness to his actions, especially ryan who just doesn't seem to be able to tolerate michael, so it's a wonder he hasn't been fired.

season 2 michael was great, cause you just felt sorry for him.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

john

I've been of the opinion that this show has been gradually slipping for a while now - with only the slightest of moments equaling the adoration usually heaped upon it...

But not tonight.

Tonight's was gloriously awkward.

Paul Feig's name in the opening credits is always a good sign.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: john on April 10, 2008, 11:23:04 PM
Tonight's was gloriously awkward.

Paul Feig's name in the opening credits is always a good sign.

This was one of the best episodes ever, I know because it was sooooo tough to watch. Jesus, I was ready for a physical throw down, right in the middle. Intense, and so worth the wait.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

john

Yeah, absolutely.

I know people who can't watch shows like this and Curb Your Enthusiasm because it makes them too uncomfortable. I can't really relate to that, but this one was just - perfectly - uncomfortable.

And Dwight's appearance, towards the end, was just great.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

30R > The Michael Scott Idiotic Half Hour.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Excellent episode... great way to come back!

SiliasRuby

The best line of the new episode: "I've recently been watching 'The Wire'. I don't have any idea what they are talking about."

My Collection

Gamblour.

Just caught up on these. They're pretty good. The one where Michael goes to NY and Jim fucks up was a really great episode, it was nice to Halpert not be so smooth with everything, and Dwight gets a few great moments (pouring out the drink), and Ryan being an uuuuber douche. The dinner party was yeah really uncomfortable, the other one was forgettable.
WWPTAD?

Chest Rockwell

This last one was pretty good. Jim's being set up as a new Michael or something. And Ryan has a coke problem? That's a little heavy.

Ravi

I liked Toby abruptly running away and jumping the fence and the shot of all the phones ringing at the same time.  Other than that it wasn't a great episode.

Redlum

I'm glad everyone is back watching this again. One of my favourite parts was Creeds incriminating indifference to the sexual predator on the Dunder Mifflin message boards. He's the perfect short burst character. If an episode seems to be floundering and Creed gets a few lines I think "Good old, Creed".

The Jan Levinson Gould, milfHunter, 10" Plasma episode was the most intensely uncomfortable episode of the show so far...or maybe the break has weakened my defenses.

One question, has it been explained what the situation with Michael and Jan is? One minute he's staying at Dwight's the next he's desperate and horny. What happened to his beloved condo?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Kal

Probably Jan is at the condo...

I loved this past episode. Michael and Dwight in NY was priceless. Ryan's friend, the Hobbit... and Dwight in general... also Ryan and his coke problem and crazy NY life... they are setting up something weird for the end of the season here... Toby, Jim, this was really excellent Office.

SiliasRuby

I really enjoyed the scene between Daryl and Michael about gangs.

My Collection