Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

modage

this sale is usually/always 20% off if i'm not mistaken though i dont know where they will ship.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on November 09, 2006, 08:11:36 AM
this sale is usually/always 20% off if i'm not mistaken

You're not mistaken.

On a related note: The Tower Records going-out-business sale is now at 30% off all CDs and DVDs. Seems to be going up 10% every week.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatwad

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 09, 2006, 07:14:26 PM
On a related note: The Tower Records going-out-business sale is now at 30% off all CDs and DVDs. Seems to be going up 10% every week.

the problem when i went in there is that it seems that they raised the prices on everything, so the discount does not seem that much

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

When the local Suncoast went out of business and clearanced its stuff out, it still didn't see a lot of business until things were like 50% off, since they're normally double the price anywhere else.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

if anyone here is actually planning on buying that ridiculous(ly awesome) Janus Films Box Set...

FILM FORUM AND JANUS FILMS
PRESENT A SPECIAL OFFER TO
FILM FORUM E-NEWSLETTER RECIPIENTS

Now through December 20th only SAVE $250 on
ESSENTIAL ART HOUSE: 50 YEARS OF JANUS FILMS

Hitchcock, Bergman, Kurosawa, Truffaut, Renoir . . . so many of cinema's greatest are here.

Essential Art House: 50 Years of Janus Films offers an extraordinary collection of undisputed masterpieces that have changed the way people make and watch movies. The package includes fifty classic films on DVD along with a gorgeous, 240-page illustrated hardcover book featuring a history of Janus Films by Peter Cowie and an introduction by Martin Scorsese. Also included: extensive film notes, cast and credit listings, and much more. Take this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own the essentials of world cinema in one specially priced set.

For members of this e-newsletter list, the price is $600, a $250 discount from the $850 retail price.
In addition to your discount, for each set purchased through this offer, Janus Films will make a $50 contribution to Film Forum in support of our programs and activities.

To take advantage of this special savings, you must enter the promotional code FFNY when you place your order at the checkout prompt. This insures your contribution will be made and your discount will be applied.

Order Here: http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/criterionco/Detail?no=31

$600 for 50 Films = $12 a film!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

Quote from: modage on November 27, 2006, 10:37:06 AM
if anyone here is actually planning on buying that ridiculous(ly awesome) Janus Films Box Set...

Now through December 20th only SAVE $250 on
ESSENTIAL ART HOUSE: 50 YEARS OF JANUS FILMS

For members of this e-newsletter list, the price is $600, a $250 discount from the $850 retail price.
In addition to your discount, for each set purchased through this offer, Janus Films will make a $50 contribution to Film Forum in support of our programs and activities.

To take advantage of this special savings, you must enter the promotional code FFNY when you place your order at the checkout prompt. This insures your contribution will be made and your discount will be applied.

Order Here: http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/criterionco/Detail?no=31

$600 for 50 Films = $12 a film!

This could have been had for $475.93 when deep discount dvd had their 20% off sale which just ended.

last days of gerry the elephant

Amazon.com is having another one of their low pricing on the criterion sets, edit (not all sets)
ie. fanny and alexander (5 disc) is 29.99

matt35mm

Quote from: overmeunderyou on December 02, 2006, 12:02:04 AM
Amazon.com is having another one of their low pricing on the criterion sets,
ie. fanny and alexander (5 disc) is 29.99

That's definitely not applying to most of the sets.  I don't see any order to the sale.

BUT (even though I just bought Scenes from a Marriage), I don't think I can pass up that Fanny and Alexander deal!

edison

At Amazon:

Fanny and Alexander $29.97
John Cassavetes $62.47
Rebel Samurai $49.97
Fassbinder's BRD Trilogy $39.97
Andrzej Wajda $39.97
Stage and Spectacle $39.97
Eisenstein - The Sound Years (Ivan the Terrible Parts 1 & 2, Alexander Nevsky) $39.97

MacGuffin

Received this coupon:

Shop DVD Empire for Holiday Gifts!

Use this coupon to save $4 off your next DVD Empire order of $50 or more!

**just enter this code at checkout:  1269263 

(not valid on Used or VOD products, expires 12/22/06)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

essbe

I got the Criterions of M, Seventh Seal and Pi out of the 3 for $10 bin at GameStop last week.  :bravo:
Film lovers are sick people

I Don't Believe in Beatles

There's a Criterion DVD of Pi?
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

last days of gerry the elephant