PLEASE...anyone know what is next for this American master

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 17, 2003, 06:37:04 PM

NEON MERCURY

MacGuffin

Lynch's next project is rumoured to be a Broadway musical with long-time collaborator Angelo Badalamenti. As I stated in the "Cabin Fever" thread, Eli Roth was Lynch's protege, and has spent six years doing reasearch for this. I have yet to find any info about what it's about though.

From a Badalamenti Close-Up interview:

And, as usual, there is a Lynch project on the cards - a Broadway musical that will keep Badalamenti busy and is sure to get Lynch die-hards salivating. "David would love me to buy a home adjacent to his," says Badalamenti. "Of course, I wouldn't have any life if I did. He would call me up at 7:30 in the morning and say, 'Come on, let's make music. Just play.'"

As far as movie projects go... :yabbse-huh:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

phil marlowe

i think he might be up for something completely different.

new twin peaks episodes pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssseeeeeeeee

Pas

I'd be happy just with the deleted scenes of Fire walk With me ...

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: BoothI'd be happy just with the deleted scenes of Fire walk With me ...

:yabbse-thumbup:   yeah i wish i knew if/when/will   everyone will get to see these  :(

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: BoothI'd be happy just with the deleted scenes of Fire walk With me ...

:yabbse-thumbup:   yeah i wish i knew if/when/will   everyone will get to see these  :(

http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pas

Could it be possible to put up a banner on Xixax for a short while ?

MacGuffin

According to a Lynch resource:

Contrary to rumors, Lynch isn't working on any new film project or reading any scripts. He's mostly spending time working on davidlynch.com and new art projects.

Skeleton FilmWorks

chainsmoking insomniac

Whatever.  You're probably right, MacGuffin, but I want to believe that Lynch would do a musical.  

God, if you're listening, I'll go to church for the rest of my life--early service--but PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

Lynch Parisienne Ad

Lynch's commercial for Parisienne cigarettes is available from the LDM productions website (11th ad down on the left side). Also featured on the site are ads directed by the Coen Bros, Roman Polanski, Wim Wenders, Robert Altman and several other well-known directors.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lucinda Bryte

Slick Shoes

I hope it is Ronnie Rocket, a script he wrote about a "Frankenstein-like creature who is re-made by two bizarre scientists." To find out more, read the script review:

http://www.screenwritersutopia.com/script_reviews/top_ten_unproduced.html

Note: you have to scroll down to #4

MacGuffin

Quote from: Slick ShoesI hope it is Ronnie Rocket, a script he wrote about a "Frankenstein-like creature who is re-made by two bizarre scientists."

I read somewhere that Lynch tried to get that going (before "Straight Story", I think) and said he couldn't make it work, so he dumped that project.

EDIT: Here's what I found:

Ronnie Rocket was a screenplay originally written by Lynch and possibly to star Michael Anderson (The Man From Another Place in "Twin Peaks" and the Woodsman (Twin #1) in " Industrial Symphony #1"), who would have played Ronnie. This was the first film Lynch offered CIBY 2000 as a part of his former three picture deal, but they elected to pass on it.

More information from Ann Kroeber, the late Alan Splet's (Lynch's sound designer) wife:

"Actually Ronnie Rocket was written LONG before David ever set eyes on Michael Anderson. The first RR script I read was written before "The Elephant Man" was made. He used to talk with my late husband (Alan Splet) and I , any chance he could get, about Ronnie during breaks of shooting "The Elephant Man." Ronnie Rocket was the subject that was near and dear to his heart."

"Ronnie scripts have gone through all sorts of permutations over the years. I suspect that "Ronnie Rocket" is David's most thought about story and may just never be made not because that production company didn't want to shoot it, they and several others were willing, but David wasn't."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronnie Rocket (Tip Filmjahrbuch 1985)

"Lynch: Yes, I was asked to do "Ronnie Rocket" for him [Coppola]. I wrote that prior to  "The Elephant Man' ; it was meant to follow "Eraserhead". I still love the story, but it`s obvious that it still needs a little work. I`ve just recently had a couple of new ideas.

TIP: Is it still the script that I read for, five years ago?

Lynch: No it`s entirely different, more popular.

TIP: A more commercial version of "Eraserhead' or simply easier to understand?

Lynch: Much more easy to understand and funnier. It`s got a lot of humour, an absurd kind of humour. It`s a rock`n`roll movie in a way.

TIP: Which kind of music?

Lynch: I exactly know which kind of music it is. It´s difficult to describe, you know, it doesn`t exist yet, but it´s based on 50s Rockabilly. Eddie Cochran, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent...

TIP: So Coppola wanted to produce the movie.

Lynch: Yes. I had an office at his studio, and he said: "When do you come over and tell me the story of Ronnie Rocket?"

TIP: Tell?

Lynch: Yes, Francis is a strange guy. He wanted to sit down with his eyes closed and I was to tell him the story like a bedtime story."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the early nineties, Ronnie Rocket was to be produced by Ciby 2000 but it was dropped in favour of Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me, the cast would have included Michael J. Anderson, and Isabella Rossellini: "I love the script, it`s simply great - very surreal, very funny, very strange, very emotive and in a way very touching as well. My role is just a minor one - but very funny. You never know what David is up to."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=16570

At the Stockholm Film Festival, Lynch mentioned he had written a script for a CG animated movie for kids called 'Snoot World.'

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: Weak2ndActhttp://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=16570

At the Stockholm Film Festival, Lynch mentioned he had written a script for a CG animated movie for kids called 'Snoot World.'

:( I was going to post that. :(