Brett Ratner

Started by Spike, June 13, 2003, 04:09:31 PM

Spike

Okay, I know that most of you really hate Brett Ratner and I don't know why. But I really enjoy his work.
"Rush Hour 1+2" were fantastic entertainment, "Money Talks" was cool and "Family Man" very entertaining. And finally Ratner showed us with "Red Dragon" that he can also be a very serious director.
And I think he's very likeable, too. He's very funny and entertaining on audio-commentarys or Making-Of-documentarys.
And to me it seems that he's a real perfectionist.
I like him.

And you guys?
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

xerxes

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

theres some news i posted over there today, if youre interested in what he's up to next...

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1886&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
down towards the bottom
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

phil marlowe

Quote from: SpikeI like him.

And you guys?
i try to like him but then i get kicked in the face and called a mainstreem whore. :: sinks crying down in the chair, press' play and watches airforce 1 ::

Sigur Rós

I want to stuff Rattner up Chris Tucker's ass!

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
Quote from: SpikeI like him.

And you guys?
i try to like him but then i get kicked in the face and called a mainstreem whore. :: sinks crying down in the chair, press' play and watches airforce 1 ::

you have a point, he really has not done anything wrong.

but the PTA Obsession is a bit much, but fuckin a they are both the same age and well its kinda natural for him to feel that way, every generation has had there own pta / ratner deal

give him time, but this i will say he is not as great as mcG

mcG i hope will be the king of the summer action genra, i would love to see him do a cool heist flick

bonanzataz

i'd like to see him do a heist flick about orchids. that'd be hot.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

Quote from: bonanzatazi'd like to see him do a heist flick about orchids. that'd be hot.

Technology Vs. Horse:  A McG Film.

phil marlowe

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesyou have a point, he really has not done anything wrong.

but the PTA Obsession is a bit much, but fuckin a they are both the same age and well its kinda natural for him to feel that way, every generation has had there own pta / ratner deal

give him time, but this i will say he is not as great as mcG

mcG i hope will be the king of the summer action genra, i would love to see him do a cool heist flick
i dunno about rattner. i   dont really have that much of an opinion on him cuz i've only seen two of his movies wich are rush hour wich was annoying but pretty entertaining and red dragon wich i thought was good.

as a person he's propably one huge pile of monkeys ass but i find it funny like hell how so many people take his quotes so seriously and starts to obligatory hate his movies before they even see them.

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: bonanzatazi'd like to see him do a heist flick about orchids. that'd be hot.

how rather snobby of you to compare mcG with donald kaufman, mcg has much better hair and he gets to do for a living something you would kill to do

Ravi

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
Quote from: Ravi

how rather snobby of you to compare mcG with donald kaufman, mcg has much better hair and he gets to do for a living something you would kill to do

:?:  :?:  :?:

Sleuth

NOW who can't take a joke
I like to hug dogs

Quote from: tremoloslothNOW who can't take a joke

i took it and bouned back with a hairstyle joke , so its realllly inside

Sleuth

Everything is apples
I like to hug dogs