John Lennon

Started by bonanzataz, December 08, 2003, 07:32:57 PM

modage

i just watched that on HBO.  its really good mostly except for the scene where he gets shot set to A Day In The Life.  it's weird.  when i was watching it i was realizing that i dont even associate the crazy 70's lennon with the guy who was in the Beatles.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

noyes

bought that on the 6th. the trivia track is great and the interview features make it complete and amazing.
south america's my name.

tpfkabi

does this show Lennon playing Imagine on that white piano?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Alethia

Quote from: modage on December 13, 2005, 07:47:22 AM
when i was watching it i was realizing that i dont even associate the crazy 70's lennon with the guy who was in the Beatles.

i don't think he did, either

Pas

Is it normal to be annoyed with people who are batshit crazy about John Lennon ?

mogwai

this is probably old news but his entire catalogue work is available to buy at itunes. i'm not buying the lot because i already have some of his albums. i'm a bit more into buying the stuff at itunes rather than downloading some shabby upload at pirate bay. i prefer the stuff itunes have because i think there's better quality. i'm not afraid to say i'm a snob so that's that.

so there you go! :yabbse-grin:

anyway, roll on ringo starr!! his stuff is the most riveting of the four beatle's.

Stefen

I think iTunes does all the regular stuff at a measly 128, which is pretty awful. I think you can get it at 192 for an extra price. I myself don't like anything below 192, and I'm not a snob since I don't have awesome headphones. You'd probably be better off getting a high quality rip of his stuff at pirate bay or another torrent site.

Besides, I have a saying that goes "Never pay for anyones music who is dead (or alive)"
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

any idea if there are bonus tracks on all the albums?

i need to get Plastic Ono Band on CD.

also, if you can get ahold of the Lost Lennon Tapes - a radio series that Yoko Ono gave the right for them to go through all of John's tapes/recordings and make hour long shows of - do so. it's amazing hearing his home demos and seeing how his songs evolved from various stages. i've heard over a dozen of the broadcasts and it has recordings from the Quarrymen days to right before he died. the funniest bit so far was this time where John was watching the news and ad libbing a song singing just like Dylan.

mogwai

on the other hand, beware of the deal with "bonus tracks". i think they've been released before on the expensive box set that was released in 1998 or something. this is just for yoko to pay the rent at dakota. but i was thinking what stefen said about finding high quality stuff at pirate. i downloaded the bel canto (norwegian band) catalogue and all the songs were extended to 28 minutes or so. the quality was good but it forced my itunes to stall for a number of minutes. then it changed to another song and it continued do the same again. what's the deal with uploading extended songs? i mean, with extended songs is that it's the same song looped about seven times. wraaa.*

*sphinx trademark

tpfkabi

i've seen a POB CD version with 2 extra tracks.
i just wondered if they've dug any more stuff out of the archives.
there are some great archived tracks i've heard on the LLT.

the demos of his later stuff sound much better without the 80's sheen on them.