Really...bad ideas....

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 07, 2003, 12:37:42 PM

pete

downy was alright in the singing detective.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Alter Bridge- Creed, except with a different singer.

MacGuffin

Think Kidz Bop doing Devo covers:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

Quote from: Thrindle on September 24, 2004, 12:50:38 PM
Quote from: MacGuffinDowney to Record Album on Sony Classical

Robert Downey Jr. is moving from the big screen to the music scene. The "Gothika" and "Chaplin" star has signed an exclusive recording contract with the Sony Classical label.

"Robert is a brilliantly gifted songwriter who writes lyrics that are wise and moving," Sony Classical President Peter Gelb said Wednesday in a statement. "His burnished, smoky voice is an expressive and touching medium for the songs that he has written."

Downey's debut CD, not yet titled, will include two covers "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin and "Your Move" by Yes and eight pop ballads written, sung and played on the piano by the actor.

Downey, 39, has written songs for three of his films ("Too Much Sun," "Two Girls and a Guy" and "Friends & Lovers") and sang during his 2000 stint on the TV show "Ally McBeal."

The debut CD is set for a Nov. 23 release
You know... his Joni Mitchell cover wasn't that bad...
He sang that Elton John song pretty good in that video.

Neil

I can't believe Stephen King is on this CD, i guess he was still shitting himself from the Red Sox Victory.

Fuck.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

modage

from Rolling Stone...

Whatever hope we may have once had for actresses-turned-rock-stars was dashed by seeing Minnie Driver and Julie Delpy perform during the same SXSW one year. This is why it's with trepidation that we report Halle Berry is apparently going to release a record of her own, entitled Halle. (Vomit.) Halle: You are super-smart, gorgeous, date that hot model guy and have a freaking Oscar. Is this really necessary?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

It's the natural order of things.  This is what happens when attractive actresses start to lose their looks.

MacGuffin

Going through the Tower bins, I came across this:

:shock: Yes, that really is David Mamet's wife.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Well, dog my cats.  I'd listen to it.
My house, my rules, my coffee