Apple is the best thing ever

Started by Kal, October 12, 2005, 02:59:39 PM

Kal

Tomorrow there is another big Apple announcement... aparently they will launch the new Powerbooks... faster, much more capacity, integrated camera, and probably something else...

Lets see what happens..

SHAFTR

Quote from: andykTomorrow there is another big Apple announcement... aparently they will launch the new Powerbooks... faster, much more capacity, integrated camera, and probably something else...

Lets see what happens..

I converted to Apple about 18 months ago when I bought a 15" Powerbook.  About a year ago, I bought a 40 gb ipod.  I love them both, I just get excited/sad when they put out something new.  Excited because it is normally great.  Sad because I can't have it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Kal

Quote from: SHAFTR
Quote from: andykTomorrow there is another big Apple announcement... aparently they will launch the new Powerbooks... faster, much more capacity, integrated camera, and probably something else...

Lets see what happens..

I converted to Apple about 18 months ago when I bought a 15" Powerbook.  About a year ago, I bought a 40 gb ipod.  I love them both, I just get excited/sad when they put out something new.  Excited because it is normally great.  Sad because I can't have it.

Just sold my 40GB iPod Photo and Im buying the new iPod now... I have the Black 4GB Nano also cause it was a gift from a friend... I use a 12" Powerbook, which I got in May after changing my old one... but if they come out with new computers I will definetly change it.

I travel to Argentina once a month, and Apple products are super expensive there. For example, the same computer that costs 1500 here costs at least 3000 there. So I can sell my old used Powerbook and get enough money to buy the new one here.

xerxes

crap, i just bought a powerbook. i'm annoyed.

©brad

i've been wanting to buy a 12inch powerbook for the past month or so (almost bought it on saturday on impulse upon stopping in the apple store in soho after too many lunch beers). i suppose i should wait for the new one?

i just bought an ipod nano and it sure is cute 'n all, but i've heard reports of people have cracking issues. anyone else come across this?

Kal

it happened to a very limited number of units... about 0.1%

issue has been resolved... and those people got a new iPod i think... shit happens when something is so small, thin and made mostly of plastic

Anonymous Joe

Apple has reached a young audience that PC's never will.

Kal

Quote from: Anarchist Lawyer on December 26, 2005, 06:47:31 PM
Apple has reached a young audience that PC's never will.

Well... considering that up to today PC controlled 99% of the market... and that young audience is at least 60% of that (excluding companies) I would say they did reach to everyone they wanted. They still control the market, and they still have a lot to do with Apple. Especially now that Apple will have Intel processors, it will basically be same as a PC with a different software.

What Apple did, is that it made the transition to the Digital Era much easier to everyone... I have been involved in it, MP3s, digital video and music for years... and nothing made the switch like the iPod and iTunes did... thats the most impressive thing I believe... and the way they managed to stay ahead in this game which is very hard... the iPod will definitely be Apple's #1 accomplishment ever... and it has nothing to do with PCs

Anonymous Joe

Quotethe iPod will definitely be Apple's #1 accomplishment ever... and it has nothing to do with PCs

Like you said, the iPod has switched people over to Apple from PC companies, even though there are HP iPods. The media and the products themselfs have made Apple and the iPod very stylish and hip. Young people (i'm young too) i've encountered who have iPods and PCs want to switch over to Apple computers. Nothing says "Im cool" to a collage kid like an iPod Nano, and titanium G4 powerbook does.

squints

snobby, rich collage kids and their apples, i'll never be cool
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

matt35mm

Don't stress over it, Squints.  Those kids aren't as put together as they seem.

killafilm

context, context, context.

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Kal

I just wish they would have the 12" already so I can replace my Powerbook... I dropped it the other day, and it works fine but it doesnt look like it will work for a lot longer. The 15" would be cool, but its too big to carry around and thats what I do all the time anyway.