Quote of the Century

Started by Comte de Saint Germain, July 05, 2003, 10:12:06 PM

Comte de Saint Germain

"Anyone can write a boring artistic song. Pop music is the hardest shit to write." - Britney Spears

discuss. cuss. or diss.

~rougerum
The garland of the trumpet was set afire, and then I saw the aperature of the dome open and a splendid arrow of fire shoot down through the tube of the trumpet and enter the lifeless body. The aperture then was closed again, and the trumpet, too, was put away.

-Johann Valentin Andreae, Die Chymische Hochzeit des Christian Rosencreutz, Strassburg, Zetzner, 1616, pp. 125-126

NEON MERCURY

she is right... man....this and now her thing about Sundance and the films there and when she said aomething about the song "I love rock'n roll" was by Pat Benatar that Spears covered on one of her albums makes her 8)

EDIT:       * when you read this quote think of the red haired kid from all the ill-us-trious
-problem child- films  saying it (the fact that she added SH*T makes it even more ridiculous/funny)--almost like she is stressed out from writing these "hard" to write pop songs

aclockworkjj

if she didn't talk...nor sing.....she would be perfect..... :P

Sigur Rós

Quote from: aclockworkjjif she didn't talk...nor sing.....she would be perfect..... :P

.....and your sex-slave  :wink:

SoNowThen

It's a good quote. And she's hot. The only problem is... what the fuck does she know about writing a pop song? She has people write them for her, doesn't she?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SoNowThenShe has people write them for her, doesn't she?

as well as lip sync on stage...all that dancing takes her breath away I guess...

Jeremy Blackman

I'd like to see Britney Spears write a "boring artistic song"...

...and what makes her think that pop songs can't be artistic?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI'd like to see Britney Spears ......

I am not quite sure if "writing" would be high on my list of things that could finish this sentence... :P

Derek

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

-Frank Sinatra
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.