cigs & redvines possible interview

Started by modage, September 03, 2012, 06:43:40 PM

Cloudy

LOL okay. You just succeeded at elevating my anticipatory juices more than they already were. Which says a lot.

HeywoodRFloyd

However unlikely it may be, I'm praying that one of the last ones is with Jonny Greenwood. Other than that, a spectacular job Modage, thanks for these interviews.

modage

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on February 07, 2013, 07:44:16 PM
However unlikely it may be, I'm praying that one of the last ones is with Jonny Greenwood.
For what it's worth, me too.  :yabbse-undecided:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Cloudy

Is Mihai a possibility? And by the way, not sure if you want to tell us or not...how did you even get this to happen? Sounds like a story.

PS: That 'Candy' film Bridges mentioned  :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup: what a mood

Frederico Fellini

I watched like 40 minutes of it, It's fucking hilarious in a sort of ridiculous way (Ringo starr as a mexican gardener/rapist? LOL). You can tell the Coens took A LOT from it as inspiration for The Big Lebowski. There are lines of dialogue that are taken almost verbatim.  I'm sure PTA is aware of that.

P.S:  Ewa Aulin was pretty fucking hot. Kinda looks like a young Heather Graham.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

modage

Quote from: Cloudy on February 08, 2013, 02:18:53 AM
Is Mihai a possibility?
Yes. Working on it.

Quote from: Cloudy on February 08, 2013, 02:18:53 AMAnd by the way, not sure if you want to tell us or not...how did you even get this to happen? Sounds like a story.
Not too exciting. I had the idea for something like this a few years ago when the film started up and I've basically just been pestering Weinstein Co. & PR people since the film came out to make it happen. And it finally did!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

BB

Quote from: Freddie on February 08, 2013, 08:09:50 AM
I watched like 40 minutes of it, It's fucking hilarious in a sort of ridiculous way (Ringo starr as a mexican gardener/rapist? LOL). You can tell the Coens took A LOT from it as inspiration for The Big Lebowski. There are lines of dialogue that are taken almost verbatim.  I'm sure PTA is aware of that.

It was probably an influence, but more in a general spirit sort of way. The sorta episodic structure, the rich cast of secondary characters, etc. But I don't think there's a single line taken verbatim or anything even close to verbatim. More this type of movie than this movie in particular, I'd say.

The Brando and Burton sequences are my favorites, just for their out and out silliness. Fingers crossed for a glass-bottomed car scene in Inherent Vice.

modage

ElPandaRoyal

More great stuff. What's so good about these interviews is how they really give people a notion how production actually works. The changes in the script, improvisation, how it affects their work, etc... it also helps that these people are among the best at what they do. And they seem to be very nice people to talk to.

I hope you got to talk to the editors. That would be heaven.
Si

Reel

"JF: One of the most difficult scenes to shoot was a short scene in an elevator after they have the conflict in the rich woman's house in New York. They were leaving and Joaquin and the whole family are in the elevator. He wanted somebody to fart and I don't know if you know Paul but he loves fart jokes. We had to keep shooting it because every time the sound effects would make the fart sound, Paul would start laughing! [laughs] And everybody in the elevator, which was just a 3 walled set, would start laughing. We shot that thing for like an hour and a half and it's one shot in the film. He's like a kid sometimes."

Haha, P called it.

Quote from: Pubrick on July 23, 2012, 09:32:37 AM

You guys are once again raising up a stink over an insignificant issue.. the real question we need to be asking ourselves in that elevator shot is: who farted?

I think that's what the scene will be about.

Great Job Mod!!

Cloudy

That was great! My favorite part:

JF:David's a completely different animal than either of them because David's more like a painter. David has the film in his head and he creates his own world. When you work with him you simulate David Lynch, you're not bringing a lot of your own self to it. You're trying to help David create the stuff he wants. With Paul, he's almost like a jazz musician. He's so musically tuned, he's so passionate and so unpredictable. Terry is unpredictable in a different way. Terry's a philosopher and he has something he wants to say. I always think that with Terry it doesn't even matter which character says it, as long as it gets said.
Terry works with visual poetry and Paul is much stronger with character. With Paul it's about character and it's easy to work that way because everybody starts thinking about the character.

modage

Thanks guys! Madisen Beaty is up next on Thursday. She talks working with Joaquin who has "no limits" and reveals the original title for the film (which was printed on flasks and t-shirts and given to the crew).

Any guesses?

Reel

ono

Quote from: modage on February 12, 2013, 10:02:06 AM
Thanks guys! Madisen Beaty is up next on Thursday. She talks working with Joaquin who has "no limits" and reveals the original title for the film (which was printed on flasks and t-shirts and given to the crew).

Any guesses?
The Split Sabre.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.