Inside the actors studio

Started by Stringstroker, July 12, 2003, 12:54:35 AM

Stringstroker

I think we should petition Bravo/NBC to put this series on DVD.  Maybe two actors per disk.  There could be great extras.  Outtakes, Extended editions (you know they have cut stuff out they wanted to leave in for time.)  Filmographies, bios, and other cool stuff.  I know it wouldn't be a huge seller, but it would be cool to own a few of your favorite actors interviews.  Plus if your favorite actor did one and you missed it, they hardly ever replay the old ones.  Your thoughts?
"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan

ono

Good idea, but two actors per disc isn't much.  DVDs could hold three per disc at least.  They have the space.  Those interviews are only about 40 minutes long, no?

I've only seen a few of 'em but the ones I have seen have been great.  My favorite is Julianne Moore's interview, and from the thread here I think a lot of people really liked that one.  I saw a bit of Francis Ford Coppola's interview last week, and it was alright, too.  He seems a bit egotistical, though.  But maybe that's just me.

Stringstroker

Edited they are only 40 minutes long.  I heard the Robin Williams went on with the students for 2 hours.
"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

They should also include the SNL parodies of them.  That would be a delight....
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

can't you just write them and they send you videotapes of them for $20 or something?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ono

Probably, but that would probably only include what was aired.  Plus, $20 is incredibly overpriced for one episode you could just tape off the air for free (minus the cost of a VHS tape).  With the proliferation of DVD players, and the moderate popularity of the show, it would behoove them to at least look into it.  I wonder how long it'll take for them to realize it.

chainsmoking insomniac

And maybe a secret feature on one of the disc sets would be the David Cross routine of James Lipton, which is just fucking hilarious.  I was rolling...have any of you seen that?
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

jokerspath

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonAnd maybe a secret feature on one of the disc sets would be the David Cross routine of James Lipton, which is just fucking hilarious.  I was rolling...have any of you seen that?

I have this burnt on CD and have never gotten to see the actual stand up, but it is funny as hell.  Cross seriously sounds like he is crying while doing the climactic ending: "and thank you to god, for making me the vessel through which he speaks.  I am the greatest, I am JAMES LIPTON!"

Did anyone see the absofuckinglutely despicable documentary on The Hamptons from last summer I believe?  There was a great moment of James Lipton hitting on some random waitress that made him come off as the sleaziest old man.  I was lucky (?) enough to meet him that same summer (big namedrop there).  He's quite troll-like in person...

Also, I like the music they play right before commercial.  It makes it seem like whomever they're interviewing has died...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I prefer Will Ferrell's rendition of him still...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: jokerspath
Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonAnd maybe a secret feature on one of the disc sets would be the David Cross routine of James Lipton, which is just fucking hilarious.  I was rolling...have any of you seen that?

I have this burnt on CD and have never gotten to see the actual stand up, but it is funny as hell.  Cross seriously sounds like he is crying while doing the climactic ending: "and thank you to god, for making me the vessel through which he speaks.  I am the greatest, I am JAMES LIPTON!"

Did anyone see the absofuckinglutely despicable documentary on The Hamptons from last summer I believe?  There was a great moment of James Lipton hitting on some random waitress that made him come off as the sleaziest old man.  I was lucky (?) enough to meet him that same summer (big namedrop there).  He's quite troll-like in person...

Also, I like the music they play right before commercial.  It makes it seem like whomever they're interviewing has died...

aw

:lol:  Absolutely!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

Ravi

I don't get Bravo, but from the parodies of James Lipton, I gather he fawns over even the least talented actors who appear on his show?

chainsmoking insomniac

Correctomundo!!!! i.e. Renee Zelwegger (sp?)
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

Alethia

chainsmoking insomniac

When you have James Lipton fawning over her like she was Scorsese or fucking Walken, I have a problem with that.
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

jokerspath

Quote from: RaviI don't get Bravo, but from the parodies of James Lipton, I gather he fawns over even the least talented actors who appear on his show?

I believe David Cross mentions Julia Roberts in his explanation of Lipton, which is hysterical, because he says it with such contempt, as if the idea of this woman being considered a successful actress is beyond him...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT