Burning Love

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 20, 2013, 10:29:12 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Listeners of How Did This Get Made? will be familiar with this show. June Diane Raphael stars in the second season and is a contestant in the other two seasons.

Essentially it's a spot-on parody of Bachelor/Bachelorette reality shows. It started as a web series and was eventually picked up on TV. I've watch part of Season 1 and most of Season 2 so far, and it's pretty great. Some episodes and scenes are transcendently good, no exaggeration. The episodes are quite short and packed with goodness and you wish they were longer.

Here are some fairly representative clips of Season 1. (By the way, if you're wondering why there's a fire hose motif, Mark is a firefighter.)

Here's where you can watch it:

Season 1
Watch here.

Season 2
Watch here under the "Julie's Season" heading.

Season 3
Watch here under the "Previous Episodes" heading.

Jeremy Blackman

I just finished Season 3. Wow. It started a kind of slow, but the last 4 episodes are amazing. Starting with #11, Poetry Contest. I'd recommend the whole season (each episode is 10-15 min), but if you're not interested in that, at least watch the last 4.

Watch it here:

http://screen.yahoo.com/burning-love/

Kumail Nanjiani was probably the most entertaining contestant this time, and holy crap, Michael Ian Black is scary good in Season 3. Watch it for him if nothing else.