clinic

Started by tpfkabi, May 23, 2004, 10:18:28 PM

tpfkabi

i wondered if anyone was a fan of Clinic?

i really like some of their stuff...........they seem to be a tad redundant though.........their new album, Winchester Cathedral has already leaked and is up on SoulSeek..........i wondered if anyone had heard any of it yet?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Sleuth

Well Dirk and I were talking about it in Now Playing.  I haven't heard it yet because the leaked version is actually only 12 tracks long, while I see a tracklisting on some site (do a google search) that lists 13 tracks.  I wouldn't feel right hearing it incomplete.

Anyway, I used to really love Clinic, liking them to the Christ and whatnot, but now not so much.  You're right when you say they're redundant, but they're still really cool in small doses
I like to hug dogs

SiliasRuby

I love their music but big ideas is right. They are a bit redundant.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

tpfkabi

well, i downloaded Country Mile (track one) and it doesn't sound too promising.........it sounds like about 5 songs they've done already.

they had a b-side for WWT called Christmas.......it's pretty good........seems like it should have replaced a song or three on WWT.
if you're interested, i can give you a link to a Yahoo group with the 4 WWT b-sides on it.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: bigideas
if you're interested, i can give you a link to a Yahoo group with the 4 WWT b-sides on it.
Yeah, I'm interested.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Sleuth

Actually now it's being reported by Pitchfork that there are only 12 tracks.  So I guess I have it.
I like to hug dogs

tpfkabi

does anyone have Do It! yet?
the clips on their website sound potentially promising.

www.clinicvoot.org

i like Free Not Free - which has been a free download with b-side for a while.

tpfkabi

i'm very pleased with Do It!
for me, the best since Internal Wrangler.
they avoid the kind of things they have kept repeating in the last few albums:
-hardly any of that single note melodica (opting more for organ with actual chords)
-only one instance of that guitar riff that makes up probably a dozen or so of their songs (if not more)
-etc.