Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

samsong

Quote from: modage on December 30, 2005, 10:56:47 PM
so far really really upper and really really lower isnt that hip.  but yes, eventually everywhere in manhattan will be totally unaffordable.  and i cant wait to live there! 

i almost bumped into Joan Allen tonite after I came out of The New World.  there was a mutual 'excuse me' and then she was gone.

i saw DEBRA WILSON when i went to see The New World.

©brad

Quote from: Pubrick on December 30, 2005, 09:56:45 PMi keep hearing how all these places used to be seedy and are now hip. i don't know anything about neighbourhoods and shit, so what i wanna know is exactly what part of manhattan ISNT hip now? i mean, even if there are parts which aren't hip, surely that only guarrantees they will be in like a year or whatever, right?

that's a good point, and i made a similar comment when i first moved up here.

basically what i've learned is that every neighborhood offers something different, so you could make the argument that one neighborhood is just as "hip" as the next. for example, chelsea is very gaycentric. east village is very college/punk-rock-centric. west village is more of a mix of NYU kids and Wall Street yuppies/sex and the city-girls. i guess it's all a matter of taste.

guess that didn't really answer your question, huh. the two neighborhoods that are undeniably the hippest are the west village and the meatpacking district (especially the latter, which is a perfect example of what was once seedy but now trendy). the non-hip parts-- financial district (post- 9/11 everyone cleared out of there, although there is a wave of ppl moving back and you can still get a really good deal around there), upper east side (where all the old people live), and times square (biggest cluster fuck/tourist trap of the city).

so yes, upper east, times square, and financial district are definitely not the hippest in my book. will they be in a year?

times square-- hell no. it's like disney world and it's probably going to stay that way
upper east - some people love it up there but it just ain't for me.
financial district - possibly. if enough ppl move down there it could be fun. it's probably one of the most beautiful parts of the city. bad thing is you can't find a bar or restaurant open passed 9.

JG

©brad

Quote from: JimmyGator on December 31, 2005, 11:17:06 AM
what's cheap and hip?

east village. you can still get a decent deal on a apartment that is actually pretty big (for NY standards). plus, it has the highest concentration of great bars and restaurants that are for the most part considerably cheaper than the rest of the city.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on December 30, 2005, 10:56:47 PMi almost bumped into Joan Allen tonite after I came out of The New World.  there was a mutual 'excuse me' and then she was gone.

She's probably telling her friends she almost bumped into Spike Jonze.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

the title of this thread should have to do something with new york,

someone come up with something witty please
context, context, context.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: cronopio on December 31, 2005, 02:27:25 PM
the title of this thread should have to do something with new york,

someone come up with something witty please
Have you ever met someone famous/NY hipster?

Maybe?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

killafilm

Quote from: MacGuffin on December 31, 2005, 01:54:38 PM
Quote from: modage on December 30, 2005, 10:56:47 PMi almost bumped into Joan Allen tonite after I came out of The New World.  there was a mutual 'excuse me' and then she was gone.

She's probably telling her friends she almost bumped into Spike Jonze.

And that he's tall.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

I met Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick on Friday night.  They were both in a hurry.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Reinhold

i got to talk to owen gleiberman today. he's a phenomenally cool guy, but i wouldn't be surprised in the least to learn that he hasn't the slightest recollection of my name.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

samsong

met jarmusch at the mutha fuckin WU-TANG CLAN show.

Tictacbk

I met Michael Ian Black at Cornell University last week after he gave a "lecture" which was really basically him doing a solo stand up type deal.  He was really cool and nice, and signed my copy of Wet Hot American Summer.  I'm sort of a huge fan of his and Stella, so it was a lot cooler for me than it sounds.  So cool that i posted about it.

w/o horse

Quote from: ©brad on December 31, 2005, 11:21:02 AM
what's cheap and hip?

east village. you can still get a decent deal on a apartment that is actually pretty big (for NY standards). plus, it has the highest concentration of great bars and restaurants that are for the most part considerably cheaper than the rest of the city.

So this is kind of a short question long answer I imagine, but if you get the time, what are the apartment prices like throughout NYC?  Studios, one bedroom, two bedrooms.

Don't link me because I can find that stuff on the Internet.  I'm asking you because you live there and you know what's real right.  Right.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Reinhold

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on February 15, 2006, 01:33:34 AM
Quote from: ©brad on December 31, 2005, 11:21:02 AM
what's cheap and hip?

So this is kind of a short question long answer I imagine, but if you get the time, what are the apartment prices like throughout NYC?  Studios, one bedroom, two bedrooms.

Don't link me because I can find that stuff on the Internet.  I'm asking you because you live there and you know what's real right.  Right.

perhaps this'd be better continued here: http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=8602.0
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

w/o horse

Yeah that thread.  Or he can pm me.  Way interested.

I'll get it back on track by saying that Muhammad Ali lives in Berrien Springs Michigan and I went to college there for a year.  One night I was hanging out in the dorm with some friends and a girl comes back from a gas station (there's like three in the city, it's super small) and says all nonchalant that she saw Ali there.  We head on over hoping that he's still there and he is.

He's with a friend from Kentucky, a real swank red-tanned white guy who's driving Ali around in a blue Mustang, right.  And this is 2002, so Ali's Parkinson's is readily apparent - he doesn't say anything the entire time, walks slow.  It was almost that I wished I hadn't seen him like this you know.  But fuck if he's not awesome.  He's probably as excited that we're excited to see him as we are excited to see him - he poses for pictures, puts our fists against his face and the like.  We're there for twenty minutes or so watching Ali chew bubblegum and take it out of his mouth to show us how big it is, the Kentucky guy going "Hey, look what the Champ's got" when he does this.

It was a weird night.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.