3 year anniversary of community.ptanderson.com

Started by Film Student, March 01, 2005, 04:09:22 AM

Film Student

I was thinking about it today, and happened to remember (I don't know how) that the message board at Cigarettes and Coffee formed exactly three years ago this past week.  I personally joined on February 28th, 2002.  

It's kind of weird to think that I've been in continual conversation with more or less the same group of strangers for the past three years.  

Among the people I remember from the olden days who are still with us: Jeremy Blackman, RegularKarate, MacGuffin, Pubrick, Ghost Boy, Mogwai, bonanzataz, God Damn Im Da Man, and The Gold Trumpet.  

RIP: Atticus Jones, Budgie, Polkablues, Sphinx, Mike D and his brothers Nate and Dave, and Xixax himself.

It's funny... my life has changed so much in three years, yet this board has remained a near-constant presence.  

Cheers to Xixax.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Myxo

Quote from: Film StudentI was thinking about it today, and happened to remember (I don't know how) that the message board at Cigarettes and Coffee formed exactly three years ago this past week.  I personally joined on February 28th, 2002.  

It's kind of weird to think that I've been in continual conversation with more or less the same group of strangers for the past three years.  

Among the people I remember from the olden days who are still with us: Jeremy Blackman, RegularKarate, MacGuffin, Pubrick, Ghost Boy, Mogwai, bonanzataz, God Damn Im Da Man, and The Gold Trumpet.  

RIP: Atticus Jones, Budgie, Polkablues, Sphinx, Mike D and his brothers Nate and Dave, and Xixax himself.

It's funny... my life has changed so much in three years, yet this board has remained a near-constant presence.  

Cheers to Xixax.

Here's to another three years right?

I've only been around nearly two so far.

Film Student

Quote from: Myxomatosis
Here's to another three years right?

To another three.
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Bethie

oh, why look at that. I've been here one year to the day.

things that are going on today: a party, featuring-

me blowing out my one year anniversary candle

cronopio

mr. bk

mac

JB

pete

thrindle

stefen

NEON

big perm

cine as the entertainment

ono

P's shirt

Walrus

Ghostboy

God Damn I'm Da Man
who likes movies anyway

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

I remember the shock of the old board ending. Greg cut off the forum so quickly it just wasn't there anymore one day. I don't think he realized certain people weren't able to get in contact with other people anymore. RC605 was a guy I always liked and its sad he never made the jump over. I always tend to think it was because how abruptly the forum ended and maybe an email to him got lost along the way that allowed for all of us to hear about this board.

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI always tend to think it was because how abruptly the forum ended and maybe an email to him got lost along the way that allowed for all of us to hear about this board.
everyone who was registered at the old board received an email to join this one on jan 8, 2003.

if the email address he provided to greg's board was invalid, or if he couldn't be bothered, that's his problem.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Film Student

Believe it or not I was there too.  :elitist:

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Film Student

Quote from: Sigur Rós

Believe it or not I was there too.  :elitist:

I knew I was going to do that... sincere apologies Sigur Ros.  Sometimes my memory of the two boards bleeds together and I have trouble remembering who joined xixax and who crossed over from cigarettes and coffee.  I hope you accept my apology.
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

Sigur Rós

I knew I was going to do that... sincere apologies Sigur Ros.  Sometimes my memory of the two boards bleeds together and I have trouble remembering who joined xixax and who crossed over from cigarettes and coffee.  I hope you accept my apology.

Haha, no need for that. I understand what you mean, 3 years is a long time. Besides I haven't posted that much for a while.

Does anyone have a screenshot of what the C&C board looked liked? I can't remember and it could be fun to see again.

Pwaybloe

Film Student

wow... thanks for that link mogwai.  I just got all nostalgic.
                                                                          --Ann Coulter