Marlon Brando Dead! (The Official Thread!)

Started by A Matter Of Chance, July 02, 2004, 10:07:13 AM

kotte

Christ, this really sucks... :cry:

He will be remebered forever.

Finn

God rest his soul, the talented bugger
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Alethia

grand theft sparrow

I think with Brando's passing, the only legendary American lead actors left from before 1960 are Paul Newman and Charlton Heston, neither of whom compare really.  This is a major loss.

R.I.P. Marlon.

coffeebeetle

Godfuckingdammit.

You weren't almost a contender.  You WERE a contender.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

NEON MERCURY

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

I hate to be the one to say it, but... why is every one surprised?

El Duderino

i'm not surprised, i'm just sad.

sidenote: i bought the newest issue of the weekly world news (guilty pleasure) today and they were making fun of him. something about how monks wanted him to be the next budda. i laughed. then i got home and turned on the the TV and he was dead.

i suppose this could also go in the "Coincidences" thread.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Jeremy Blackman

I know people are sad that some one they have a connection with is dead... it's just the lingering feeling that his career was tragically cut short and he could have done more that confuses me.

El Duderino

well, i personally knew his career was done after "The Score"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jeremy Blackmanit's just the lingering feeling that his career was tragically cut short and he could have done more that confuses me.

Where are you getting this from? To me, I mainly see the thread filled condolences and gestures of respect.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Really sucks.  R.I.P.  Last Tango in Paris, one of the greatest performances ever.  So many others, too.

Someone saw it coming.  Sort of.  So weird.  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000008/board/nest/9689428

Kal

Myxo