Naomi Watts

Started by Xixax, January 09, 2003, 10:08:54 AM

Pubrick

i rented ellie parker. i wanted to take one last look at naomi watts before she starts remaking kidman's remakes.

it's really funny, watts exposes herself in ways i hadn't seen before. the whole movie is about her, obviously, she's in every scene, and all of the films brilliant moments (there's a lot of them) are fully contained in her facial expressions/body language which are often hilarious. the best scenes are probly her interaction with her best friend -- for example this one in a car (there's a lot of them, this is LA after all) where they have a "cry off" to see whose acting method is more effective. it's endearing in other ways, the low budget shittyness of the prosumer visuals works well with the improvised feel of the whole thing. warning, Chevy Chase makes an appearance as her agent.. and he's not bad!

from the King Kong thread..

Quote from: pete on December 22, 2005, 02:00:41 AM
I've always really wanted to like naomi watts 'cause I think she's pretty and she's good in the roles, but she lacks charisma.  She's not very good at getting the audience in her head or getting them to fall in love with her.

pete you should watch this. it does the two things you felt she hadn't yet done (two years ago).

if she wasn't almost 40 and married with a kid, i'd wish she would do more comedies like this and fuckabees. remakes are expected now that she has a baby and a liev to feed.
under the paving stones.

pete

sorry to say mate, I saw it when it came out in the theater in the US and didn't do much for my feelings for her.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton