Fahrenheit 11/9

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 19, 2017, 01:58:17 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Fahrenheit 11/9 (get it?) is Michael Moore's new movie about Trump, which was made "under a strict cloak of secrecy."

He seems pretty optimistic about this one:

"No matter what you throw at him, it hasn't worked. No matter what is revealed, he remains standing. Facts, reality, brains cannot defeat him. Even when he commits a self-inflicted wound, he gets up the next morning and keeps going and tweeting. That all ends with this movie."

There's no release date yet, but Weinstein says it "will have one of the most innovative distribution plans ever" and seems to be enthusiastically behind the film.

More details here:

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/michael-moore-has-new-plan-destabilize-trumps-presidency

BB

Saw this and I Feel Pretty cause it's the holidays so whatever. Wonder what part he thought was gonna end fascism. I mean, I get you gotta market your movie but yeesh. Guess people are entitled to grieve in their own way. Moore's an interesting cultural figure. Ballad of a Thin Man journalism except, well ... Are these movies of artistic or political merit? Not really, and yet there sure are a lot of em. It's even kinda weird to make a movie like this at all in the age of the internet when its subject matter is covered more succinctly and in greater depth on the daily news.

I Feel Pretty on the other hand ... The tension between its classic premise and modern trappings didn't really work and it wasn't well written or made but there's a good hook. Could be an excellent remake in 30 years unless misogyny and body shaming end with this movie.

Jeremy Blackman

I used to be such a huge Michael Moore fan, and maybe I still am, but (personally) the absolute last thing I want to see right now is a movie about Trump, especially one that covers the 2016 election in any capacity.

©brad

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on December 30, 2018, 01:57:04 AM
I used to be such a huge Michael Moore fan, and maybe I still am, but (personally) the absolute last thing I want to see right now is a movie about Trump, especially one that covers the 2016 election in any capacity.

Exactly. The last thing I want to relive is that goddamn election. We get plenty of horribly, corrupt old men acting horribly and corrupt on the daily news, which is why I have no appetite to see Vice either.