A GREAT FILMMAKER

Started by finlayr, April 17, 2003, 12:31:07 PM

finlayr

Does anybody here NOT agree that Gaspar Noe is a great, great, great, great, filmmaker???

If you don't like Gaspar Noe you should be shot dead.  End of story.

If anyone who reads this has NOT seen IRREVERSIBLE--you have not witnessed great cinema.  Without a doubt THE most powerful film ever made.  Had me shaking, as I walked out of the cinema.

I'm of the opinion that there's only 2 kinds of filmmakers--those who tell the truth and those who lie.  Noe, PTA, Kubrick, Tarantino and thousands more--tell the truth. George Lucas, for instance, is a liar (and the luckiest man alive).  What do you guys and gals think?
Filmmaker

xerxes

Quote from: finlayr
I'm of the opinion that there's only 2 kinds of filmmakers--

i don't agree with that... 7 kinds of filmmakers at the least

Ghostboy

I do think Irreversible is brilliant (there's another thread about it in...I think its the Now Showing or The Grapevine page, not sure which), but I wouldn't necessarily reccomend it to everyone. It's tough, and some people just don't care to go through that kind of thing. It's nothing to hold against them.

I also think that pretty much all filmmakers lie in their movies, so you can't really categorize it that easily. But I know what you're getting at.

Cecil

has anyone seen his other film? apparently in the middle theres a countdown from ten so people who dont like graphic violence can leave the room.

Pedro

Quote from: cecil b. dementedhas anyone seen his other film? apparently in the middle theres a countdown from ten so people who dont like graphic violence can leave the room.

No...I really want to see this though...HA! that countdown sounds great....reminds me of the barfbags passed around at the original exorcist showings(my dad has a few stories)

Grand Epic

Quote from: finlayrDoes anybody here NOT agree that Gaspar Noe is a great, great, great, great, filmmaker???

If you don't like Gaspar Noe you should be shot dead.  End of story.

If anyone who reads this has NOT seen IRREVERSIBLE--you have not witnessed great cinema.  Without a doubt THE most powerful film ever made.  Had me shaking, as I walked out of the cinema.

I'm of the opinion that there's only 2 kinds of filmmakers--those who tell the truth and those who lie.  Noe, PTA, Kubrick, Tarantino and thousands more--tell the truth. George Lucas, for instance, is a liar (and the luckiest man alive).  What do you guys and gals think?

"A great Canadian."