Proof the he has far too much time on his hands...

Started by BonBon85, May 13, 2003, 10:31:27 PM

New Feeling

either way it's news to me that he owns a cinema where I could go watch movies, and that I could go see a double bill of Shampoo and Boogie Nights there next week as curated by Jason Reitman.  Good news indeed

Captain of Industry

Yes of course, obviously better late than never.  Though you should know you've already missed his own Grindhouse month, a full month of Grindhouse double-features he hosted at the theater before he even owned the building, around the time Grindhouse was released, and also two-week events hosted by Edgar Wright, Eli Roth, Joe Dante (2x), Seth Green, Patton Oswalt, Peter Bogdanovich, and Diablo Cody.

And Peter Bogdanovich lives in QT's guest house.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: New Feeling on February 19, 2010, 04:40:24 PM
either way it's news to me that he owns a cinema where I could go watch movies, and that I could go see a double bill of Shampoo and Boogie Nights there next week as curated by Jason Reitman.  Good news indeed
I'm going tomorrow night. Jason is supposedly bringing a special guest. This is fantastic news.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

The InSmurfious Basterds
You'll never guess who is said to be voicing Brainy Smurf.
Source: IGN

Turns out that Brainy Smurf is quite a Basterd.

MTV spoke with actor Alan Cumming, who is voicing one of the diminutive blue characters in the upcoming Smurfs movie, says that Inglourious Basters filmmaker Quentin Tarantino has been tapped to voice Brainy Smurf in the 3D hybrid live-action/CG animation film.

The voice cast includes Jonathan Winters as Papa Smurf, singer Katy Perry as Smurfette, George Lopez as Grouchy Smurf, and Neil Patrick Harris as the human protagonist of the Raja Gosnell-directed film.

And what of the Smurfs' villain? "Gargamel, I'm not sure [if I can say]," Cumming told MTV. "They're still negotiating with someone that would be fabulous."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Tarantino to chair jury at Venice film festival

ROME (Reuters) - U.S. director Quentin Tarantino will chair the jury handing out the coveted Golden Lion award at this year's Venice film festival, organizers said Thursday.

The Oscar-winning 47-year old author of "Reservoir Dogs," "Pulp Fiction" and more recently "Inglourious Basterds" was described in a statement as "one of the most startling directors in cinema today."

"He is perhaps the only American auteur to be adored worldwide like a rock star," organizers said.

The festival runs from Sept 1-11.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Vulture interview with this dude.

What's been the highlight of the Monster Ball tour so far? I heard you partied with Eli Roth and Quentin Tarantino.
Yeah, I thought they'd be sitting in the VIP section, but there they were in the second row, singing every word to every song. Afterward, Quentin got mad at me because I wouldn't agree to feed him Champagne, but I was nervous! I didn't know if it would be okay to just open his mouth and pour! I was afraid he'd get sticky.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on May 27, 2010, 10:21:03 AMAfterward, Quentin got mad at me because I wouldn't agree to feed him Champagne, but I was nervous! I didn't know if it would be okay to just open his mouth and pour! I was afraid he'd get sticky.

This dude obviously hasn't seen From Dusk Till Dawn.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quentin Tarantino Friars Roast rescheduled
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

NEW YORK -- The Friars Club Roast of director, writer, producer and actor Quentin Tarantino, which was postponed due to the death of his close friend and editor Sally Menke, has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 1.

As originally planned, the event will take place at the New York Hilton with Samuel L. Jackson acting as "roastmaster," a spokesman said.

A lineup of roasters and guests will be announced shortly.

The Friars Foundation is also naming a scholarship to honor Menke's memory that will go to a student "with a passion to study the performing arts and carry out the Foundation's mission of fostering the arts through scholarships," the Friars Club said in a statement.

"With Quentin's enthusiasm, this Roast is destined to be one of the most exciting and outrageous ever," said Friars Club executive director Michael Gyure.

Said Jackson: "Having known Quentin as long as I have now, there are many stories I've kept tucked away for a moment like this. I'm not so sure he won't regret asking me once the afternoon is over!"

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

Tarantino Sues -- Exotic Birds Are Driving Me INSANE

3/10/2011 6:43 PM PST by TMZ Staff 

Quentin Tarantino is going to WAR with his famous neighbor -- claiming the guy owns a ton of exotic birds that constantly emit "blood-curdling screams" ... and it's affecting Q's ability to write scripts!

Ironically, the guy Tarantino is feuding with is another Academy Award winning writer -- Alan Ball -- the guy who wrote "American Beauty" and created "True Blood."

According to Quentin's lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Tarantino claims ever since Ball installed an "exotic bird menagerie" -- Quentin has been forced to endure the "obnoxious pteradactyl-like screams" of the macaw birds.

In fact, Q claims the noise has "seriously disrupted [his] ability to work as a writer in his home."

Tarantino says he tried to amicably resolve the matter with Ball -- but Alan has "done little to eliminate the macaws' daily cacophony" ... so he wants the judge to force Ball to silence them once and for all.   
who likes movies anyway

Reel

well god damnit if that doesn't perfectly sum up this thread

mogwai

Ravi

Quote from: Bethie on March 12, 2011, 01:51:07 AM
Tarantino says he tried to amicably resolve the matter with Ball -- but Alan has "done little to eliminate the macaws' daily cacophony" ... so he wants the judge to force Ball to silence them once and for all.  

They missed the perfect opportunity to use the word "macawcophony."

Reel

they should just settle it with an Oscar swordfight. QT would win though, you know he fights dirty.