What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

Redlum

One of the best films I've seen recently. I urge you all to check it out.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

GoneSavage

Sigur Rós

Far out morbid humor just the way I like it.

Chrisdarko

72teeth

Polanski's short films- Knife in the Water disc 2
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

penfold0101

"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

JG

Pwaybloe

Hey, did you guys know that they released the "Hard Eight" DVD in a "tricked-out-change-da-name" version?  It's true.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Wasn't it the Unrated Full Screen edition with hilarious outtakes and was too hot for theaters?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

killafilm

Quote from: RaviLa Dolce Vita

Weird.  I'm watching the same thing later tonight.