SNL: Best of Will Ferrel

Started by Banky, September 07, 2003, 11:01:04 PM

Banky

This is a funny DVD.  The feature is  really good.  They made some interesting choices on some skits.  I think Will Ferrel is a genius and this DVD proves it.  There is one skit in the bonus featues that was in a dress rehersal and then got cut from the show.  I think it is one of the funniest skits ive ever seen.

High Points

Celebrity Jeprody
The Professors
Robert Gouley
Harry Carrey
THe nude model
Guitar Devel
Blue Oyter Cult

then of course they have one cheer leader and one Roxbury.

It also has two of Will's interviews on Connan.

The outtakes are also really good.

Go buy it. 14.99

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

" I need more cowbell" thats my fav will moment

Banky

"Ive got a fever.  And the only perscription is more Cow Bell!"

"Guys before im done with you, your going to be wearing gold plated diapers"

Ghostboy

Thank you for making this thread because it gives me the chance to say once again that Will Ferrell is my own personal Jesus. He can do no wrong. Even in -- and it hurts me to say it because it hurts me to think that he was in it and also to think that I sat through the first half just to see him in it -- Boat Trip.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Banky"Ive got a fever.  And the only perscription is more Cow Bell!"

"Guys before im done with you, your going to be wearing gold plated diapers"

one of the greatest moments in pop culture history no doubt that skit is  comedy at its best

Banky

Quote from: GhostboyThank you for making this thread because it gives me the chance to say once again that Will Ferrell is my own personal Jesus. He can do no wrong. Even in -- and it hurts me to say it because it hurts me to think that he was in it and also to think that I sat through the first half just to see him in it -- Boat Trip.

have you seen this DVD?

I have to discuss Gus Chiggins with somone.

Ghostboy

I haven't, and it shames me to say that I didn't even know about it. It's now in my Amazon.com shopping cart. Just waiting for my next check so I can hit the purchase button...

Banky

SoNowThen

is Neil Diamond: Storytellers on this dvd? If not, I'll save my money...

that and the Brasky skits are Ferrel's best.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Derek237

I saw it free on TV about a month ago and there was just no way they could fit in his best in the time they had. But what they did show was great. They need a volume 2.

Banky

Quote from: SoNowThenis Neil Diamond: Storytellers on this dvd? If not, I'll save my money...

that and the Brasky skits are Ferrel's best.

there is some Niel Diamond on the outtakes

Unfortunatley theres no Bill Brasky

there definantly needs to be a volume 2

meatwad

cine

Just got the DVD.
If you're a Ferrell fan, then you CANNOT turn this down.
First thing I did was played the extras and I was just crying. The back of the DVD says that its running time is 72 minutes but thats the SKETCHES. the extras are another 40 minutes. Definitely worth the money, even if your favourite sketch is missing, and one of mine is: the angry boss, Mr. Tarkanian. Overall its great.. well... its amazing.. no, its astonishing....

come to think of it.. its none of those.... this is a scrumtralescent Best Of.

Pozer

It's so gosh darn great!
This is what you all need to do:
1. Get all your friends together
2. Order up some pizzas
3. Have your friends pick up the beer cause you supply the DVD, the TV and the house
4. Collect their money for the pizzas
5. Throw the disc in, hit play and laugh your drunken, pizza filled asses off
This is what we did last night. Highly recommend it. Good fun.

Ghostboy

I'm ashamed, as Will Ferrell's number one fan, to say that I only now got around to buying this, a full month after being alerted to its existence.

Sweet Jesus Mary and Joseph, it's funny. Gus Chiggins...man. Man. I wish, howver, they'd used the Actors Studio skit with Kate Hudson as Drew Barrymore...that was my favorite. I think a volume two is definitely in order.