Digi Needs Your Help!

Started by Something Spanish, July 17, 2003, 07:34:02 PM

Something Spanish

Guys, you gotta help me.

I need to see as many funeral movies as I can. I'm hoping someone from this board can clue me in to stuff I have yet to see. Start naming...

Ghostboy

Well, the first (if not the best) obvious choice is The Funeral.

Do you mean movies about funerals, or just movies that contain funerals? One of the most memorable ones that springs to mind is in Penelope Spheeris' Suburbia.  Barry Lyndon has a nice funeral procession. Moonlight Mile had some good pre and post funeral material. I'm sure I can think of some more....hold on a sec...

modage

beginning of The Big Chill.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mutinyco

Try killing yourself for research...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Fernando

Well, it's not a film but how about Six Feet Under.

Something Spanish

Sound advice, mutiny. For someone researching SUICIDE flicks.

Seen The Big Chill at least 10 times. Looking for stuff in that vain. That and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof...I know that's not really a funeral movie, but it had the same vibe. Terms of Endearment...

Thanks, Ghostboy. I've seen The Funeral, but will check out that Suburbia movie.

Pubrick

be sure to check out the Futurama episode "A Pharoah to Remember", where Bender gets a surprise funeral.

under the paving stones.

TheVoiceOfNick

Check out Harold and Maude... the first half of that movie is like one big funeral... the second half is a giant rebirth.

Nick