PTA music videos DVD Time!

Started by depooter, June 04, 2004, 04:16:43 PM

depooter

since sphinx is never coming through with the other pta dvd project. let's move forward on this. I have the music video dvd from PTA with try, across the universe, fast as you can, limp, paper bag and save me. I guess we could add Here We go from the PDL DVD. Who wants to organize the burning of the dvd, covers, shipping, etc.

Can we do this for free. Or should we do donations (to the forum) or just try to break even and cover costs?

thoughts?
greg
www.ptanderson.com
www.theuncool.com

I dont see how it could be done for free.. But hopefully "time" will be donated, so no one has to pay for that just to enjoy a nice little PTA DVD.

If no one comes forward to author the DVD I use DVD Studio Pro 3 and can assist if needed.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

md

i work at blockbuster, so i can get dozens and dozens of free dvd cases...if that helps. word
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

tpfkabi

by "other DVD project" are you speaking of the one that was going to include PTA's short films?

any way you could put Couch on there with the videos?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

I don't know how to do any of that stuff but I want one of those dvd's. Greg, you should do preorders, we'll pay for the dvd's now so they can be made and then when they are done we can get them.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ghostboy

Just an example of the cost, based on the costs of distributing my own DVD -- you can order bulk DVDs for a dollar or less apiece, depending on how many you make. Shipping a DVD in a standard amerlay case costs about a buck fifty.

I think the best way to do it would be to do pre-orders, for about four dollars, and then Greg could take the money, order blank DVDs and have them shipped to whomever ends up burning the DVDs. Issues of trust would be involved ,but unless someone wanted to front the cost of the materials, this seems like it might work. From the time of the pre-orders, the finished DVDs could be made and shipped within three weeks or so, at the most.

All profits (there might be some) could go towards a.) xixax/ptanderson.com and b.) making sure there are a few extra copies on hand for future site visitors/potential customers.

I could help make them,  but I don't know how to rip DVDs. Anyone know? Do you just take the audio and video TS files and copy them to a new folder on your hard drive?

Greg, feel free to e-mail me if any of this strikes you as a possibility.

mutinyco

Why not just try to convince The Directors Label to release something...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Alethia

because we want it now dammit

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Pubrick

Quote from: mutinycoWhy not just try to convince The Directors Label to release something...
because i would like the Directors Label to maintain their high standard.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Not a fan of his videos, or just not convinced there's enough material?

Pubrick

both, i think.

Across the Universe is great, that's about it. he seems to only make videos as favors anyway, his vision is more suited to films. jonze/gondry/cunningham didn't make videos just cos they were in between projects or whatever.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Aside from the ones from his movies, which are nice but not great, the only one I've seen is Paper Bag, which I think is just pure genius. But that's what love gets ya, sometimes.

mutinyco

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: mutinycoWhy not just try to convince The Directors Label to release something...
because i would like the Directors Label to maintain their high standard.

I think, sarcastically, that was my point...

-St. Joe