The Hardcore/Metalcore Genre

Started by phil marlowe, January 16, 2003, 05:03:14 AM

phil marlowe

Am i the only one on this board who are in love with this sort of music? It's not like it's the only kind of music i dig (unlike many other fans of the genre), cause i've allways been into stuff like Tom Waits, Nick Cave, The Smiths, The Cure, David Bowie...etc. But i very much like metalbands like Converge, Caliban, Dillinger Escapeplan, Throwdown and Zao.

If you do, try this site: //www.thepsykeproject.dk, some friends of mine. The best of the best. Just wanna know.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Phil MarloweAm i the only one on this board who are in love with this sort of music?

Probably not, but don't count me in. I've been pressured into kind of liking System of a Down and Tool (does that count?) but I still don't know if I really like them...

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
I've been pressured into kind of liking System of a Down and Tool (does that count?)

No

but I like Tool too

phil marlowe

Actually i was refering to bands on a bit more insane/extreme scale, but i must say i dig tool a lot. I saw them live on roskilde festival where they absolutely stunned the audience by the orange scene with the moodiest show i have ever seen. One of the greatest live experiences of my life.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Phil MarloweActually i was refering to bands on a bit more insane/extreme scale, but i must say i dig tool a lot. I saw them live on roskilde festival where they absolutely stunned the audience by the orange scene with the moodiest show i have ever seen. One of the greatest live experiences of my life.

Yeah, I've seen them live at two different Lollapalooza tours and two different Tool tours.

Definately one of the best live acts out there.

phil marlowe

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: Phil MarloweActually i was refering to bands on a bit more insane/extreme scale, but i must say i dig tool a lot. I saw them live on roskilde festival where they absolutely stunned the audience by the orange scene with the moodiest show i have ever seen. One of the greatest live experiences of my life.

Yeah, I've seen them live at two different Lollapalooza tours and two different Tool tours.

Definately one of the best live acts out there.

Did they have those spacy screens? From where i sat i couldn't even see the stage, but i was just put in a trance by those screens. The performance and the sound was so pitch perfect that i for a minute thought it was the studio recordings.

Very skilled they are.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
Did they have those spacy screens? From where i sat i couldn't even see the stage, but i was just put in a trance by those screens. The performance and the sound was so pitch perfect that i for a minute thought it was the studio recordings.

Very skilled they are.

Yeah, they did the second two shows I saw, definately very cool.