Xixax Dekapenticon Returns!

Started by modage, November 21, 2005, 08:02:18 AM

modage

DUE TO AN OVERWHELMING DEMAND we are extending the deadline a few more days for all you slackers.  But Wednesday will be FINAL, so get those votes in everyone!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Fernando on December 10, 2005, 11:24:35 AM
Quote from: bigideas on December 09, 2005, 09:33:55 PM
is there any way that after it's all over we could compile a list of all the nominations that didn't make the final vote?
this would offer a great guide of movies to pick from when anyone's searching out something else to see.

I second this, it would be very interesting I think.

Also, you're going to choose 50 flims, what if you have let's say four flims with the same number of votes but only two spots left to complete the list, if that happens what do you do? an admin vote or something? Just curious.

i third this...please make this happen admins...its a great idea..

Quote from: modage on December 11, 2005, 09:49:03 AM
DUE TO AN OVERWHELMING DEMAND we are extending the deadline a few more days for all you slackers. But Wednesday will be FINAL, so get those votes in everyone!

can the nominations for the people who voted on day one count more b/c we arent lazy?

Alethia

or perhaps some of us here have more to do in our day to day life than others

ono

I'll keep my eyes wide shut to that.

w/o horse

The unbelievable truth is that only simple men haven't voted yet.  Is it a matter of ambition, are they amateurs?  Do they need to read the book of life, are they just cineflirts?  Get the girl from monday to tell them:  there's no such thing as Henry Fool on the Xixax boards.  We adhere to the theory of achievement, we're surviving desire, we're the goddamn mother fucking milk and honey.  So get out from under your kimono and vote.  That goes for you, your dog, your kid, and your cartographer's girlfriend.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on December 12, 2005, 09:43:14 PM
The unbelievable truth is that only simple men haven't voted yet.  Is it a matter of ambition, are they amateurs?  Do they need to read the book of life, are they just cineflirts?  Get the girl from monday to tell them:  there's no such thing as Henry Fool on the Xixax boards.  We adhere to the theory of achievement, we're surviving desire, we're the goddamn mother fucking milk and honey.  So get out from under your kimono and vote.  That goes for you, your dog, your kid, and your cartographer's girlfriend.

I got a spam email that said exactly this just yesterday... except at the end it said "C%H%E%A%P V*I*A*G*R*A"

modage

hey guys and gals,

AndyK Bob Loblaw Cowboykurtis Kotte Matt35mm Meatball Mutinyco Myxo Pedro The Alpaca Pete Rustinglass Sigur Ros Sleuth Stefen Thrindle Pwaybloe SiliasRuby Budgie Coffeebeetle Pozer Rudiecorexxx Vile 5 Xerxes Edison The Silver Bullet Bethie BonBon85 Classical Gas Metroshane Oakmanc234 Recce Socketlevel A Matter Of Chance AnalogZombie Derek Dufresne FlagpoleSpecial Jay Tee Em ProgWRX Sickfins Slick Shoes Two Lane Blacktop UncleJoey BigPerm Jasper_Window Squints Penfold0101 Sal Derek237 Satcho9 Deathnotronic Tictacbk Link MD Freeform Weirdo TommyBoth Pastor Parsley Noyes Foray... and more![/size]

last chance to send in your dekapenticon votes.  if you dont have enough time to make that perfect list, just glance over at your dvd shelf and copy down the first 30 films that jump out at you!

TOMORROW is the FINAL DEADLINE.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

really can't think of anything? the following might remind you of all the movies you may or may not have loved..

1. ebert's greatest movies
2. criterion catalogue
3. imdb ranks if you're desperate and in need of recent additions

but first remember to check out the campaign thread.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

...or if you're really lazy, just PM me and I'll copy and paste my list with your name on it. Whooo!! It's that easy.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Quote from: SoNowThen on December 14, 2005, 10:41:54 AM
...or if you're really lazy, just PM me and I'll copy and paste my list with your name on it. Whooo!! It's that easy.
that was my idea but nobody knows that.  :(

GoneSavage

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Was it so hard to think of our top 30 movies?

I remember sitting on Nov. 24th organizing my list so I could send it on the 25th... don't we bitch about top movies and now we don't send lists in, what's the deal?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

polkablues

Yeah, did you hit post on Dec. 13th, when that post would have made sense, and it only went through today?
My house, my rules, my coffee