(Wes Anderson) Dasani Water Spots

Started by cowboykurtis, April 13, 2005, 03:23:09 PM

cowboykurtis

4 new commercials directed by Wes as well as some behind the scenes photos can be seen here... http://www.dasani.com/flash.htm
...your excuses are your own...

Ultrahip

I hope he didn't write them. Except for the salmon line, that was funny.

cowboykurtis

knowing how the ad world works -- i highly doubt he wrote them
...your excuses are your own...

pete

yeah, I doubt he's a furry.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Gamblour.

Hmmm...what did he actually bring to the table here?
WWPTAD?

ono

I read the title of this thread as "Dasani Water Sports."

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: onomatavivaI read the title of this thread as "Dasani Water Sports."
I read it as that until you noted otherwise.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

SHAFTR

cool.  I liked these commercials before I knew Wes directed them.

I think they are well written as well, for a commercial.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Two Lane Blacktop

Next up:  Robert Altman's TV ads for Ayre, which smells just like regular air, only you have to pay for it.

2LB
Body by Guinness

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...

Kal

They are terrible... Commercials in the US are so bad (usually)... they just spend money in bullshit but nothing creative

Pozer

shoulda had sofia do 'em

Stefen

Total shill. At least Spike Jonze makes imaginative commercials that almost have nothing to do with the product they are selling. These commercials are just someone holding up a bottle of water label side upfront.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.