PTA's New Short Film "Couch"

Started by depooter, May 05, 2003, 12:27:29 PM

abbey road

i enjoyed the whole "old silent film thing," but i would expect pta to do something way cooler and les adam sanler-ian than this, i dont mean to disrespect pta, but i was a little let down.

-chad
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

thedog

I just finished downloading the dvd quality mpeg (it took about 24 hours), only to find out it didn't work.

I tried it with a few different players with no success.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm downloading the vcd quality mpeg now and hopefully that'll work.

I tried watching it in windows media player but the quality of the player is so terrible I can't even make out Adam Sandler's face. Unless I shrink it down to the size of my thumb.

Has anyone else gotten this problem? Has anyone else even downloaded the dvd quality mpeg?

Thanks.

The Silver Bullet

Quote...i dont mean to disrespect pta...
I'm sure he cares, too.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Xixax

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
I'm sure he cares, too.

God, isn't that the truth?

Who do we think we are, anyway?

This thread with its self-absorbed reviews has given me as much entertainment as the short has.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

Quote from: thedogI just finished downloading the dvd quality mpeg (it took about 24 hours), only to find out it didn't work.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm downloading the vcd quality mpeg now and hopefully that'll work.

same thing happened to me, and the vcd worked

godardian

Quote from: thedogI just finished downloading the dvd quality mpeg (it took about 24 hours), only to find out it didn't work.

I tried watching it in windows media player but the quality of the player is so terrible I can't even make out Adam Sandler's face. Unless I shrink it down to the size of my thumb.

Has anyone else gotten this problem? Has anyone else even downloaded the dvd quality mpeg?

Thanks.

This happened to me, as well. I wonder if it has anything to do with having Mac?

Off to download the vcd...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

sphinx

i have the dvd version, and it does work, you just need to make sure your codec and players are up to date.

Xixax

The scoop on the DVD version is that, well, it's for DVD.

It's a MUXed Mpeg2 high-bandwidth (>8 megabit) file. If your computer has DVD playback software that installs the codec to play back these kinds of files, then you can watch it. Otherwise, you won't be able to.

It was created so that people with DVD recorders could download the file directly, stick it in their authoring software, and burn a video DVD. The ability to play it back on a computer is more or less just a bonus.

The VCD mpeg file is the same. It's made so that you can dump it straight into Video CD authoring software and play it back on your TV from CD. More computers can play this type of file than the DVD type - even though they're technically very similar (using mpeg2 compression).
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

mac computers, in order to play mpeg-2, need to purchase a codec for about $20. PC's can play it if dvd playing software is installed.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

thedog

Quote from: bonanzatazmac computers, in order to play mpeg-2, need to purchase a codec for about $20. PC's can play it if dvd playing software is installed.

what? damn mpeg-2 and it's lameness.

it's okay though, I tried the vcd quality one and that works fine.

it was pretty funny. i loved the sounds. i'm a big fan of adam sandler and pt anderson so it worked for me.

abbey road

Quote from: Xixax
Quote from: The Silver Bullet
I'm sure he cares, too.

God, isn't that the truth?

Who do we think we are, anyway?

This thread with its self-absorbed reviews has given me as much entertainment as the short has.

you saying that is just as self-absorbed as anything else. get over it, the short sucked, go watch magnolia, thats pta worthy
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

EL__SCORCHO

I just saw "couch" and thought it was ok. not that funny, didnt like the ending. I really wish pta stays the fuck away from adam sandler from now on.

bonanzataz

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOI just saw "couch" and thought it was ok. not that funny, didnt like the ending. I really wish pta stays the fuck away from adam sandler from now on.

:(

adam sandler is my favorite.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: EL__SCORCHOI just saw "couch" and thought it was ok. not that funny, didnt like the ending. I really wish pta stays the fuck away from adam sandler from now on.

:(

adam sandler is my favorite.

i like sandler in his films and in punch-drunk, but I really wish paul doesn't make it a habit to use him as a leading man. Take "couch" for example, I would have liked to have seen Hoffman do it. As for future feature films I just don't like sandler's voice for paul's dialogue. like i said, punch-drunk was fine and all, but just try to picture sandler in magnolia, he and his voice would have completely fucked everything up.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOAs for future feature films I just don't like sandler's voice for paul's dialogue. like i said, punch-drunk was fine and all, but just try to picture sandler in magnolia, he and his voice would have completely fucked everything up.

That's like saying Jim Carrey was totally wrong for Casablanca. Don't blame PTA for what he hasn't done.