The Death of a Great Director

Started by filmcritic, June 10, 2003, 04:40:28 PM

filmcritic

It was a terrible shame to hear about the death of Stanley Kubrick. I've seen all of his movies, and I felt every one of them were excellent. He always had a certain style about his movies that could make you tell his art from others. Our greatest director of all time will be remembered for years to come.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

wait wait wait He's fucking dead ???????  :o

MacGuffin

I thought he was frozen.

TECH SUPPORT!!!!!!!!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Hey idiot, get out from under that rock, it was announced like 20 minutes ago
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

So, no "Full Metal Jacket 2: 2 Boo-Coo"?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i just saw a new film that pins kubricks murder on suge knight, , i guess suge was not happy with stanleys vision of what the dogpounds " new york new york" video should be

modage

Quote from: filmcriticOur greatest director of all time will be remembered for years to come.

wait, are we still talking about that old dead dude?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Cecil

seriously though, i bet everyone remembers where they were when they heard kubrick had died. i was in my room, surfing the internet of course and saw it on imdb. i was very sad. then my dad came home and told me he had heard it over the radio.

Pubrick

i was getting a lift to school, like just about to get out of the car thinkin "oh goodie school is so great la de da" and then i heard it on the radio, and i was sad that day, u know, cos i had big ideas about AI. so i blamed the next 8 months of mediocre grades on that.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

I was in my room and a friend called and told me, my reaction was like 'Fuck you man!!! Then I knew he was serious, later saw it on Headline news. I was really sad for a long time.

This reminds me what Cruise said in A life in pictures on how he felt about SK passing (paraphrasing): 'There will never be another Kubrick film, we will never see another film that looks like this'

©brad

i just remember watching eyes wide shut when it came out in the theaters and feeling so completely blown away- for one, it was the first kubrick movie i had seen on the big screen, but more importantly with the news of his death it made the movie much more powerful. there was definitely a sadness to it when u were watching it thinkin "okay this is it, this is the end" kinda thing. i do remember getting chills during the final scene after kidman's infamous last line when it cuts to "directed by Stanley Kubrick."

Alexandro

I always remember that it was on a sunday 7, cause the night before that, my then girflriend and me had spended much of our time having sex without condom over and over and over...

Then on sunday we were having breakfast and she says to me: "it's a sunday 7"...the expression sunday 7 is used here in mexico when a girl is accidentally pregnant...they say something like: "she's pregnant, she came out with her sunday 7"...don't know why though...but later I read the news on IMDB and every time I remember the day Kubrick died, I remember that thing she said to me, and how I thought: "fuck, sunday 7"...