'Foreign Language Film and Director Forum' Petition

Started by Gold Trumpet, June 21, 2003, 10:12:38 AM

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetHopefully, these are final thoughts on the subject coming from me. The idea has been thrown out and is known and nothing more can be done to persuade anyone.

I do feel a cause to back up my own petition against critics considering of the validity of a foreign film forum.

~rougerum

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SoNowThenBut there's no need to crucify a guy just because he tried to offer an idea on how to make the board more expansive.

The problem is, he thought he was being crucified before anyone said anything.

You can pretend you're the underdog, or you can accept defeat. The people have spoken, and they are mostly indifferent. Dr. Xixax has also spoken.

I personally don't think it's appropriate. The Director's Chair is not exactly the backbone of Xixax, and I think we have a healthy amount of foreign film discussion across the entire land of Xixax. Moving foriegn film discussion from the popular General Discussion areas to a little corner at the bottom of Xixax would, if anything, marginalize foreign films.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: SoNowThenBut there's no need to crucify a guy just because he tried to offer an idea on how to make the board more expansive.

The problem is, he thought he was being crucified before anyone said anything.

You can pretend you're the underdog, or you can accept defeat. The people have spoken, and they are mostly indifferent. Dr. Xixax has also spoken.

Just curious: How did I think I was being crucified before I even was? I looked back at the thread and the only thing that stuck out to me on that subject was my second post, which was an acceptance of defeat. After that, it seemed I was just arguing critics.

~rougerum

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet (in the first post of this thread)This can be ignored by all the guys in charge and nothing done about for it. That's fine . . . One of the controversies going on now is that with the PTA Film Festival, it is designated in thought and process mainly for the American Crowd

Gold Trumpet

That wasn't an act of believed crucification, but relating that this petition was still a suggestion only and like the comments "This can be ignored by all the guys in charge and nothing done about for it. That's fine . . . " relate to the fact that a suggestion has no weight of any sort. It may have been just bad grammar on my part considering my believed persona of being angst for the point of being angst to be angst, but to tell the truth, that was lighthearted. Maybe just saying suggestion would have been better in my part. Either way, its history now.

~rougerum

Jeremy Blackman

I still refuse to believe that your second post was an acceptance of defeat.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetWell, thank you modernage for at least signing your name. I don't expect anyone else to do so at all. I guess I am dissapointed considering how easy and inconveniant of a thing it would have been for more people to sign this and how little of a difference there would be to the forum. I like this board, but I don't count on it for much.

You might have been expressing your respect for the admins, you might have been feeling modest, you might have shed a tear... I don't know.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetHopefully, these are final thoughts on the subject coming from me. The idea has been thrown out and is known and nothing more can be done to persuade anyone.

I do feel a cause to back up my own petition against critics considering of the validity of a foreign film forum.

So what's going on? Are you still fighting the good fight?

Gold Trumpet

The fight is not against the admins or were never expressed as fighting for the petition to get through and the forum up. I am just arguing with people on the validity of the idea since criticism against my specific points were brought up. That's all. What are you trying to say?

~rougerum

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ono

Two questions:

1) Why is this thread still open?
2) Are you gonna eat the rest of that baby?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetIt may have been just bad grammar on my part considering my believed persona of being angst for the point of being angst to be angst, but to tell the truth, that was lighthearted

I guess I'll have to believe this.

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI accept defeat, hold no grudges, and will move on.

Very well then. Case closed.

PM me, sign a petition to unlock this thread