The Official Twin Peaks Thread (TOTPT)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 15, 2003, 03:29:03 PM

NEON MERCURY

Here I have made out a WHOLE THREAD where anyone can discuss ANYTHING 'bout "The Greates Show in History that Has Ever Been Aired on Television".....

1. The atmosphere is awesome you really feel like your there its creepy..........

2.The most odd-ball characters ever put on the small screen..damn cool

3.This is THE ONLY show that you really can-not miss an episode

4. The pilot is legendary you will NEVER see something like that again

5. The show is "way a-head of it's time"...indeed ....and the whole black lodge/white lodge/red room stuff is so cool and bizarre i can-not believed they let it on tv...Great stuff Lynch/Frost

6.The murder mystery that surrounded the show...MAN!...that was very intriging stuff.

7."The Lynch Factor"-as a character in creation ..he did a great job..

This show WILL NEVER BE ECLIPSED BY ANYTHING ELSE!

Sleuth

Man, I wish I had watched this or at least I could not be lazy enough to find the first season on DVD

Is it all just one murder mystery?
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: tremoloslothMan, I wish I had watched this or at least I could not be lazy enough to find the first season on DVD

Is it all just one murder mystery?

no it is soooooooooo much more........

spoiler warning spoiler warning spoiler warning spoiler warning spoiler warning spoiler warning

the murder gets solved(sort of) during midway in the second season (the series lasted only two seasons but man are they great)......but their is more to it after the murder is solved

end of spoiler end of spoiler end of spoiler end of spoiler

you need to find the first season on DVD or rent the tapes somewhere (if you go the dvd route the pilot is NOT included...but you can find it online or at some stores that sell "cult" dvds.....*there is the pilot on video for rent BUT the ending is changed and it  contradicts the REAL solution found in the second season..if you decide to rent it anyway cut it of (right after the woman screams near the end)....but also if you buy the dvd first season the set includes detailed kliner notes about the events in the pilot.......or you can report back here and I or someone else will clue you in.

But be rowarned when you start watching this YOU CANOT STOP..this sounds cheesy but I AM DEAD SERIOUS this show hoked me like no other had/has...I still watch the first season  and   the rent the second season to visit Twin Peaks again  .....it is an awesome experience
8)

penfold0101

I've only seen the pilot and season 1 DVD.

The look of the show is just excellent,
I love the locations
The sets
The colour, its very bright and crisp lots of reds, blues and plenty of wood!
I think its one of the best transfers to DVD I’ve seen.

its completely engaging, every episode just makes you want to watch the next!

My only problem is i need to see season 2!! (I don’t want to see season 2 i NEED to see it)
When oh when will they release it!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

penfold0101

Quote from: m©gwai
Quote from: penfold0101When oh when will they release it!
some time in september.

Really?
Is it a proper Lynch approved version?
Where did you here about it?
Give us a link boss!

Thank you.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

ono

Okay, so like, without spoiling anything, I need you all to tell me a little bit about Twin Peaks: FWWM and the TV series (season one).  I want to watch them both, but I'm struggling for room in my Netflix queue, so I was wondering what order I should watch these in so I can bump one or the other or something.  Thanks, and stuff.

MacGuffin

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaOkay, so like, without spoiling anything, I need you all to tell me a little bit about Twin Peaks: FWWM and the TV series (season one).  I want to watch them both, but I'm struggling for room in my Netflix queue, so I was wondering what order I should watch these in so I can bump one or the other or something.  Thanks, and stuff.

TV series first, but you shouldn't watch "Fire Walk With Me" without having seen Season 2 since that's the season when the killer is revealed and the movie assumes you know who the killer is. You also should watch the pilot before any of these.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Is the pilot included in that DVD set?  If not, where can I see it?

MacGuffin

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaIs the pilot included in that DVD set?

No, there's a rights issue over that release.

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaIf not, where can I see it?

There are Region 0 copies available, but you would have to search for them and they might not be for rent. It's also available on VHS if you can find a rental house that has it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

there was a parody on The Simpsons about Twink Peaks, yes?
context, context, context.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaOkay, so like, without spoiling anything, I need you all to tell me a little bit about Twin Peaks: FWWM and the TV series (season one).  I want to watch them both, but I'm struggling for room in my Netflix queue, so I was wondering what order I should watch these in so I can bump one or the other or something.  Thanks, and stuff.

....the order i watch the whole twin peaks universe is Fire walk w/ me>season one...>season two..> fire walk w/ me.......

OnO...all you need to nknow abopu tthe "basic" plot of peaks is that a girl is washed up onto shore and wrapped in plastic ......

this was the most addicting show (next to 6 feet under) ..that i have watched....you will not be dissapointed.......

chalk up another point for lynch..........beside mastering the ffilm art he can do tv also.......but  disregard On the Air....

meatwad

you can find the pilot on DVD from ebay. It's pretty cheap

I have two more episodes of the first season to watch. I have Fire Walk With Me here, and i'm tempted to watch it before i find Season 2.

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaIs the pilot included in that DVD set?  If not, where can I see it?
Yeah, like everyone said, you can get it on dvd through ebay and a ton of places.

But, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT watch the tape that has the 'new ending' or 'new shocking footage.'  They're still floating around most rental stores, but for the love of god, stay away from them.  This version was intended as a stand alone theatrical release in Europe and was given a rushed ending so it could stand alone.  The tacked on ending gives away too much stuff that happens later on in the series.

Quote from: chuckhimselfothere was a parody on The Simpsons about Twink Peaks, yes?

http://www.lynchnet.com/tp/movies.html
context, context, context.

modage

i've finally gotten around to getting twin peaks to watch.  i've got the pilot and disc one of season one sitting here right now.  my parents loved the show when it was on, and i can remember them watching it religiously, but i've never seen it.       any words of advice before i watch it?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.