Best movie soundtracks

Started by joke08, February 21, 2003, 02:22:56 PM

life_boy

The soundtrack to Snatch has some good stuff on it.

Born Under Punches

The actual Blade soundtrack.  Not the one sold in stores, but the music that appears in the film.  And High Fidelity.

chainsmoking insomniac

I've been listening to PDL on my laptop religiously....the score is just astounding.  I've also been listening alot to the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack, although it isn't my fave....
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

cine

Anything that comes from PTA or QT is gold.

Sleuth

RAVENOUS has a fucking cool soundtrack
I like to hug dogs

-dazza-

In termsof compilation soundtracks, I'd have to go for Vanilla Sky, definitely. Even though many of the songs are spectacularly different, they somehow just fit together perfectly.

(I'm talking about the European Soundtrack CD. I'm pretty sure the U.S. one is different.)
"Go home, Yank. 'Tis my field." - The late, great, Richard Harris.

Newbie Confusion Device:  CLICK HERE

dufresne

any Thomas Newman score is teh win in my book.

i also like the scores to The Thin Red Line, Miller's Crossing (basically, all of Carter Burwell's work), and as 'sold out' as you think he might be, i dig James Horner.  also like James Newton Howard.

as far as compilations go, i like Swingers, Grosse Point Blank, Stand By Me, Rushmore and the Royal T's.

also check out the sndtrk to The Power of One, if you get the chance.
There are shadows in life, baby.

pumba

The Wedding Singer

go mullets

Alethia

vertigo -- end of story.

........oh and perhaps eyes wide shut, its a very interesting little soundtrack......

SoNowThen

I just got All The Real Girls soundtrack. It's a gooder.

But it seems like some of the audio is bad quality. Some of the drum parts sound tinny/clicky. Like when you get a really shitty download on Kazaa...

Did anybody else notice this, or did I get shafted with a bum copy?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cowboykurtis

THE GRADUATE -- one of the few film that can bring me bitter sweet tears --  i think half of it's power owe's due to the music.
...your excuses are your own...

NEON MERCURY

requiem for a dream
lost highway
magnolia
mulholland dr.
boogie nights
the passion of the  Christ
the thin red line
21 grams
snatch
the ice storm
pi
the big lebowski
almost famous
fast times @ ridgemont high
singles
vanilla sky
a. i.
star wars
all the real girls
american splendor
amores perros
far from Heaven
lotr
leaving las vegas
nbk
ocean's eleven
talk to her
bringing out the dead
rushmore
jackie brown
gerry
traffic
solaris.....(soderbergh).....
indiana jones
trainspotting

Vile5

Magnolia
Trainspotting
Hedwig and the Ungry Inch
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vol 1
Snatch
Chicago
Quiz Show
Far Away, So Close
Buena Vista Social Club
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Bethie

No mention of the "Singles" soundtrack. C'mon people.

Almost Famous
The Crow
The Graduate
Lost In Translation
Singles
Vanilla Sky

I'll think of more later. word.
who likes movies anyway

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: BethieNo mention of the "Singles" soundtrack. C'mon people.

I'll think of more later. word.

..i mentioned it between fast times and vanilla sky......word!