Atlantic City (1980)--Burt Lancaster, Susan Sarandon

Started by chainsmoking insomniac, April 24, 2003, 11:03:23 AM

chainsmoking insomniac

If anyone else has seen this movie, let's discuss how the paternal theme of the two characters (the relationship of Burt Lancaster to the young wannabe hoodlum) could be a precursor to themes PTA developed in Hard Eight and Boogie Nights........
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

chainsmoking insomniac

It's a great movie people! Check it out! It pangs of Hard Eight. Please, watch this fucking movie! (even if it does have Susan Sarandon in it, don't let that deter you lol)
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

MrBurgerKing

Why would Susan Sarandon make people not see it? She's a good actress.

chainsmoking insomniac

I just threw that out there as one reason people weren't posting...getting desperate here man. I can't believe no one's seen this movie.  It was nominated for 6 Academy Awards....
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

MrBurgerKing

She makes a lot of anti-war comments with her friend Tims Robbin. On that note, people might be anti-Susan just like they are anti-Dixie Chicks.

You've given a kiddie sized review here, it's time to supersize it.

chainsmoking insomniac

Ah, Mr. BurgerKing.  Always great to hear your unique viewpoints on things. :)
Well, if you want a review, here it is:
In a nutshell, it's about an aging criminal (Burt Lancaster) who befriends a young man (in Atlantic City) but....ah, there's too many spoilers. Dammit.  6 Addies last night and my fucking brain is fried. Can't think.  
Look it up if you want a reiview man.  I'm in class right now, don't have time. :)
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: punchdrunk23Ah, Mr. BurgerKing.  Always great to hear your unique viewpoints on things. :)
Well, if you want a review, here it is:
In a nutshell, it's about an aging criminal (Burt Lancaster) who befriends a young man (in Atlantic City) but....ah, there's too many spoilers. Dammit.  6 Addies last night and my fucking brain is fried. Can't think.  
Look it up if you want a reiview man.  I'm in class right now, don't have time. :)

your posting in the middle of class? what would your prof think if he walked by and saw christopher walken playing spiderman on your screen?

chainsmoking insomniac

--Morgan Freeman, Se7en

Sigur Rós

Tiff

"Shut the fuck up!"

EL__SCORCHO

people not liking susan sarandon because of her anti-war views is ridiculous. I mean, who cares really? If PTA was some dictator committing genocide somewhere else, does that mean Magnolia suddenly has to suck?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Tiffwhat's your avatar from?

Fatboy Slim- Weapon of choice

chainsmoking insomniac

El Scorcho, I don't agree with her political views.  But she's a great actress, and I won't ignore movies she stars in.  I seperate my politics from my art.
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en