favorite death scenes...[click for spoilers]

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 23, 2005, 11:24:15 PM

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

i thought that Goldie's death in Sin City was very well done.

the vast majority of my favorite death scenes, however, all take place within the same movie: Showdown in Little Tokyo.

who here doesn't love the capulet tomb scene in the dicaprio/danes version of romeo and juliet? god... masters. at. work. bravo. wow.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

noyes

the death of Philip in De Palma's Sisters.
not so much for the complete suspense of him walking slowly to her,
carrying Danielle's birthday cake and us knowing the girl on the bed is not Danielle.
not so much for the abruptness at which she stabs him and how even as we know it's coming, it still manages to surprise us.
and not so much for the tomato sauce (or whatever it was) jolting out of his face and the whole genius split-screen.
but for Dominique's reaction to stabbing him.
the deranged, practically demonic look on her face is priceless.
south america's my name.