Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Started by Pozer, July 15, 2012, 01:01:16 PM

Frederico Fellini

Where can I watch it in Boston?
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Drenk

Parisian subway hype. I'll watch it next week!

Ascension.

Ravi

Quote from: Ghostboy on August 30, 2013, 12:58:54 PM
Yeah. I have to make that ASAP. The dvd comes out in December. It'll have ST. NICK on it as well.

Blu-Ray/DVD will be released December 17, 2013

I think it only played here in Dallas for a week (or I've been out of the movie loop longer than that) but I might drive down to Austin to see it this weekend. I really want to see it on the big screen.

Pubrick

Australian release date is 28th November for anyone wondering.

under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on September 22, 2013, 12:09:04 PM
Australian release date is 28th November for anyone wondering.

You, Lottery, and Flagpole Special, if he's still alive/not in jail for stalking you.
My house, my rules, my coffee

tpfkabi

It's showing in Kilgore, Tx at the Kilgore Fall Film Festival 9/22-9/24.
I might try to go.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ghostboy

Glad to hear about Australia. Also, I just found out that it hits iTunes next Friday.

I put the extra features for December's blu-ray together last week and there's a Back Beyond-style montage of things that were cut out. Looking at some of them now I think, "why did that have to go?" Lesson learned from this movie: try to get at least six months to edit all future films.

squints

It's playing at the museum of art here in oklahoma city, going to see it this week!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Drenk

SPOILERS

A simple story. Simple feelings. Simple can result to something strong. Every character has a goal, and we can understand them. I want Bob to live in a farm with Ruth and his daughter, but I also want Patrick to live with Ruth. Take Shelter...At the end, when Patrick takes Sylvie away from her dying father, the contradiction broke my heart. I loved the interiors, they look very warm and safe. The characters want a quiet world, a safe place...even the action is almost quiet.
Every shot is magnificent. It was a blast. Light triggers moods, moods trigger memories which give relief to the screen.
About the album movie, I won't say much -others did, and better than I could-: it worked very well, and that's what makes the movie good: the way the movie moves with these characters...A sweet but bloody flow. It didn't work all the time for me, sometimes I was taken away but not for long, and I couldn't explain it. I felt weird about Casey Affleck too, but maybe because he's Robert Ford for me, and I couldn't forget that other character during the film.
I can't wait to see the next one.
Ascension.

md

FYI

[admin edit: removed embed because it's pirated shit. support your local ghostboy!]

Its streaming here for free. 
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

jenkins

that's so insulting. i feel like watching it now

Reel

That's not an official account, some douche just stole it and uploaded it. DON'T WATCH! SUPPORT GHOSTBOY!

Ghostboy

Wow, that thing had almost 16,000 views! I wish it had been uploaded in 10 parts. That would have been kinda awesome.

In other news, the DVD cover art will probably be revealed soon, and it is predictably not awesome. However, the poster art is on the flip side so anyone considering the blu-ray can take solace in the knowledge that their shelf will not totally be besmirched by more floating heads.

modage

Quote from: Ghostboy on October 18, 2013, 11:35:27 AM
In other news, the DVD cover art will probably be revealed soon, and it is predictably not awesome.
Aw, how crushing it is to experience that from the inside?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: Ghostboy on October 18, 2013, 11:35:27 AM
Wow, that thing had almost 16,000 views! I wish it had been uploaded in 10 parts. That would have been kinda awesome.

In other news, the DVD cover art will probably be revealed soon, and it is predictably not awesome. However, the poster art is on the flip side so anyone considering the blu-ray can take solace in the knowledge that their shelf will not totally be besmirched by more floating heads.

We'll save you a spot in the Giant Fucking Face thread.
My house, my rules, my coffee