(Wes Anderson) Hotel Chevalier

Started by modage, August 21, 2007, 09:49:54 AM

Pozer

did you guys wear these: so you could recognize each other?

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Heinsbergen

what we need are shots of natalie portman's naked rack.
when i was a little kid i wanted to know what caused thunder.

ElPandaRoyal

That would also be a nice way of making up for those of us who couldn't attend. What about Natalie Portman and

Si

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

'Hotel Chevalier' checks into iTunes
Wes Anderson's short film premieres in N.Y.
Source: Variety

Wes Anderson's short film "Hotel Chevalier" premiered at the Apple store in Soho last night and is now available on iTunes. Fox Searchlight removed the short from the theatrical release of "The Darjeeling Limited," scheduled to unspool on Saturday, and while both films will play back-to-back as the New York Film Festival's opening night selection on Friday, Anderson thought that Apple was his best bet if he wanted to get the film seen by a wider aud.

"It's not the most commercial idea in the world to say, 'There's another ten minutes you should see, but we're not sure how,'" Anderson admitted. The short wasn't much of a commercial enterprise to begin with: Anderson produced "Hotel Chevalier" on his own, after having "an idea for the setting that I thought wouldn't be too expensive," namely a single hotel room. Natalie Portman and Jason Schwartzman starred in the project for free, and by the time shooting started, Anderson, Schwartzman, and Roman Coppola had finished writing the screenplay for the short's feature-length sequel, "The Darjeeling Limited."

Portman, who only has a small cameo in "Darjeeling," insisted that Fox not use her image in the advertising for the feature film, but said that she was pleased with the short and happy to promote it at the Apple store mini-preem, where she, Anderson, and Schwartzman participated in a Q&A sesh after the film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Quote from: modage on September 26, 2007, 04:18:53 PM

http://hotelchevalier.com/

Wow, I didn't think it was going to be free!  Praise Satan!

I enjoyed it.  It was simple and sweet, and I like short films that can evoke greater ideas and emotions than those actually on display in the movie, because some power can be generated without packing too much stuff into the short amount of time.  This is where not being very original works in this movie's favor, because you already have a sense of their relationship from a combination of other movies and your own past maybe.  The movie doesn't have to explain anything, and it provides a great opportunity for Portman and Schwartzman to use their body language to tell the story, which they do quite well.

So watch it already!

Ghostboy

Yeah, I was unexpectedly moved by this. I really loved it.

last days of gerry the elephant

Uhm... could someone possibly upload it for the poor souls in Canada?

PLEASE!

modage

Quote from: Ghostboy on September 26, 2007, 06:02:25 PM
Yeah, I was unexpectedly moved by this. I really loved it.
that's exactly how i felt.  it just hit me in the right spot in a way i didnt anticipate.  i hope the movie gets somewhere close to this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

i'm not going to install itunes.

can someone find a link where i can steal it so i don't hav to suck the penis of hipster-satan?

thanks
under the paving stones.

picolas

someone put this on mediafire.com please. no compression required. it's very easy. i'd do it for you.

pete

*mothereffin' quasi spoilers??*

I liked it, but not as much as all the other wes anderson films I guess.  he's really good at saying really hurtful things, and those moments can really stay with you.

Quote from: Heinsbergen on September 26, 2007, 12:55:51 PM
what we need are shots of natalie portman's naked Crack.

fixed.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

picolas

DON'T DO IT NOT REALLY THE MOVIE

lower quality version for those who can't wait.

edit: also it's 10 minutes... i get the feeling the beginning might be cut

edit: EFF. i'm really not sure if this is the whole thing anymore based on pete's review.. i suggest holding off. i'm really sorry if i've ruined this for anyone.